All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

They Came Form The Moon: Free @ IndieGala!

Adultery

Image result for they came from the moon steam

OK, I admit. This probably isn't the strongest of the free, and this one probably isn't for everybody (...and it's only 50c retail), but if you're a hoarder like me you can still have it for free! Check it out at IndieGala! https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung?massive

Must be a good time for free stuff right now! :)

• Like 1

I don't think that guy got paid by the devs for endorsing their product, if that's what you can call it. It's more like sarcastic disparagement. He's really enjoying life!!!

I think I'd value the disk space more than the game costs, even free. Like a penny on a sidewalk, is it even worth the energy to pick up? Then think about the time you can never have back. I could be playing Skyrim...nah, lets play they came from the moon! Like Pink Floyd said, it'll just put you "one day closer to death." Let's face it, who's playing that longer than one day? (kids maybe, but then they have no sense of wasting time - they have an unlimited supply afterall).

It honestly took me longer to post this than I'll spend on it. I claimed it and it turns out there's three games in this free bundle, each one as good as this one. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

To each his own. 

The only game that strikes me as more boring than watching paint dry other than this one, is the elder scrolls.  I just cannot get into these games, I find them unbearably boring in every regard.  I even gave up on Zelda, but not until I logged hours playing trying to "get it".  Perhaps Zelda improved after the nes version, but I'll never know.

I think what I like about it is the open world without linear level design. You have to decide how to play it, it does not force you down a path. I like the slower pace, epic scenery and audio, the replayability with different specializations and abilities. That may also be what makes it "boring". Sometimes I will find a great waterfall, or mountain view, and just stop to take in the scenery and serene audio. I find it "relaxing". Yes, I go sightseeing in a video game. In short, I find this relaxation between questing and dungeon raids refreshing. But, yes...The elder scrolls games are slower pace.

EDIT:

I used to load up HALO2 (Sanctuary, a multiplayer level) and stand in the water to listen to the stream while doing homework or reading. I really appreciate a great soundtrack in video games. Kudos to devs who place high priority on audioscapes.

PS: I played the Homefront demo on PS3 and was actually scared by the concussion and directionality of the gun shot audio! I had great headphones at the time, they broke and I haven't found anything since that comes close. I guess the difference between $300 and $50 headphones really makes a difference. I should pony up, that was epic and games have only gotten better since.