All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Table Audio Glitch

Jazzcat123

Hi Folks, 

Got an interesting and frustrating bug. 

Sometimes my table audio will glitch. 
Either while browsing through the wheel, or during attract mode. 

after a while , or a few scrolls through my modest 40 tables. 
I get the glitch. 

The table audio will begin playing for the currently highlighted table, and then it will skip and repeat the first .5 of a second of the table audio file. Forever. 
If you then scroll to another table it will change audio file, but still be skipping/repeating the first .5 second of the new Table Audio file. 
It will do this untill you exit and restart PinballX.

Loading a table, and then exiting back out to pinballX doesn't fix it. The glitch will persist. 

At first I thought, 
"It seems to be happening at a particular point in the wheel, somewhere around M-P in the alphabet." 
So I re encoded the audio files in the problem zone to .wavs  and re imported them. 

No improvement. 

I then thought. Maybe its some kind of bug as it loads and closes video codecs. 
I only have a few videos in my media , so I deleted all videos and run with JUST .png files for table, dmd, and backglass on all tables.  ( no b2s being used at all ) 

No improvement. 

I also triggered the glitch by selecting "Bally/Williams" category. Just now. 

So I'm stumped. 
Seems to appear randomly now. 

As far as I know I'm running the latest PinballX 

And it seems to be something to do with loading and playing a Table audio file.  But no particular one. 

System Specs: 

Q9505 
4 gig DDR 2 
Samsung pro SSD 256gig
Gtx 760 
3 screen Pinball Cab. 
Realtek motherboard audio chip. 

Please help , loosing my mind. 

Logs look correct do you have audio coming from backglass and or table and or table audio folder on some?

Had this same thing when I downloaded all the media from the ftp. I went in and deleted the table audio files that were doubling the audio on tables that audio was playing form the table or backglass video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Carny_Priest said:

Where did the table audio come from? Do they play correctly outside of PinballX

From a variety of sources. But mainly mp3's ripped off youtube videos. 
Some from the FTP, 
Some from other locations. 

I test all the files in VLC ( On another machine )  prior to importing them in the game manager. 
Given that there is now no consistency as to which files if any causes the problem I don't think its the fault of the files themselves. 

Could it be something to do with file names tho?  When I first started putting tables in I did it all manually not knowing the game manager was a thing. 
So all the pinball FX2 media is a bit of a mess file name wise. But when the glitch isn't present they all work fine. 

5 hours ago, ruebsy said:

Logs look correct do you have audio coming from backglass and or table and or table audio folder on some?

As I mentioned, I believe the table audio files are the only sources of sound in my media. 
I've disabled all other videos. 

Only running with picture files for Table, DMD, and Backglass, plus the Table audio at the moment. 

I have a friends cab I built where LAV filters did not work to get the media running. We removed them and used sharkeys007 instead...a little dated but did the trick. Maybe try it? What other video players are loaded? Are you running audio from the mobo or gpu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ruebsy said:

I have a friends cab I built where LAV filters did not work to get the media running. We removed them and used sharkeys007 instead...a little dated but did the trick. Maybe try it? What other video players are loaded? Are you running audio from the mobo or gpu?

Well all the media was playing prior to the install of LAV,  
By the time you install VLC and Media Player classic. They come with enough codecs to get you up and running. 
+ Windows plays .mp3's and .Wavo out of the box. Which is all I'm using. 

I could give sharks a go, but that program is a bit clunky ( And a bit virus-ey ) . Never been a fan of sharks codec pack. 

Audio is straight from motherboard audio,  no HDMI/displayport audio being used. 

LAV helps out mostly with the videos and is recommended. Shark007 was the old standard, but a bit clunky and lots of care to install witout changing your default browser.