All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

This Thursday in the UK

stigzler

Sorry to be a bore, but just to urge those members in the UK to make sure they use their vote this Thursday:

A) It's so important that you choose your destiny, not someone else

B ) A record turn out at the ballot box would be an excellent act of resistance against the numerous psychopaths who have been killing our people. 

Tootle pip.

• Like 1

As I encourage my friends and family in the US. Vote. If I hear you complaining about a politician and you answer "No." to the question "Did you vote?" then count on me changing the subject or walking away. If you are not going to vote, you have given away your voice in the matter.

• Like 2

On 06/06/2017 at 10:06 PM, Draco1962 said:

As I encourage my friends and family in the US. Vote. If I hear you complaining about a politician and you answer "No." to the question "Did you vote?" then count on me changing the subject or walking away. If you are not going to vote, you have given away your voice in the matter.

That's all well and good, but what happens when one side of your family will get screwed, vs the other side of your family that gets screwed? Do you then choose the fool? What are your options?. It's not as plain cut as you'd like.

Also, at a risk of getting banned, almost all politicians are lying pieces of shit. They say "we are going to do that!" when trying to get votes, but they do "this" instead once they have the votes. They ALL do it. And we are supposed to care about these dishonest pricks, for some reason?

"Vote for your favorite prick now!", otherwise another prick will gain power! This is how a lot of us feel it is fed to us now.

• Like 1

No risk of getting banned. Tom runs this site, not Trump! ;)

I think you miss the point, however. We are talking about taking the time to exercise one's right and priviledge to vote. I hear plenty of complaints from people who do not vote and I tune them out. If you have the means to do something but choose not to, then why should I listen when things don't go your way?

23 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

No risk of getting banned. Tom runs this site, not Trump! ;)

I think you miss the point, however. We are talking about taking the time to exercise one's right and priviledge to vote. I hear plenty of complaints from people who do not vote and I tune them out. If you have the means to do something but choose not to, then why should I listen when things don't go your way?

No, it's heard, loud and clear, but when your choice is three different dicks, which dick do you choose? I think you don't understand :o

It's a sausage party. I get it. Everyone gets screwed. I just vote for the one that gives me a kiss, pats me on the ass and tells me I'm pretty in the morning after the screwing.

There is no perfect candidate, especially as everyone's opinions differ so drastically.  Still you have to vote what you believe will be for the common good overall....which is, as you so eloquently point out, "increasingly difficult".

Let's not take away from stigz point here; which wasn't to start a political debate, but instead to hammer home the fact we need to show great resolve, and ensure that cowardly acts such as those that have occurred, will not be tolerated. 

5 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

It's a sausage party. I get it. Everyone gets screwed. I just vote for the one that gives me a kiss, pats me on the ass and tells me I'm pretty in the morning after the screwing.

Thats absolutely hilarious. 

On 09/06/2017 at 0:55 PM, the_greeze said:

This has always cracked me up... pretty much true too. :D

votemup.jpg

LOL that is so true! I'm gonna steal it if you don't mind :P

On 09/06/2017 at 1:51 AM, Draco1962 said:

I get that too, historically it's inconceivable to have a vote and not use it, but times are changing. We are fed up with these self fulfilling narcissistic assholes, who care nothing of you and I, just want a seat to claim their 5th home and would happily see millions, even billions of us burn in a sea of napalm, if it means their relatives can get free lunches.

I've had enough of being forced to choose from the least worst candidate, it's about time i get to choose exactly who i want. But i can't, coz of 'democracy'.

4 hours ago, DazzleHP said:

I get that too, historically it's inconceivable to have a vote and not use it, but times are changing. We are fed up with these self fulfilling narcissistic assholes, who care nothing of you and I, just want a seat to claim their 5th home and would happily see millions, even billions of us burn in a sea of napalm, if it means their relatives can get free lunches.

I've had enough of being forced to choose from the least worst candidate, it's about time i get to choose exactly who i want. But i can't, coz of 'democracy'.

I agree 100%. The US gets a choice of Clinton or Trump, the UK (currently, anyway) has a choice of May or Corbyn. I mean, talk about a rock and a hard place. :angry:

I wouldn't trust any of the muppets above to walk my dog...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_greeze said:

I wouldn't trust any of the muppets above to walk my dog...

One would just eat it raw, the other would roast it first. Both, in the end, would eat your dog! ^_^ We are in the same boat as the US a few months ago.

• Like 1

Whilst I understand the feelings behind the above, I'd urge you to look more broadly at the two main parties. don't vote for the individual, vote for their prevailing ideology. Leaders can come and go overnight and the process of democracy ensures the checks and balances of their own parties around them, although people often mistake in-group disagreement for incompetence rather than spiriting indication of free speech and debate.

Minority governments historically don't last long so we may very well have another general election soon. So again, Id urge people not to get swept up into personality politics and get stuck into the ideology, economics and sociology behind each party. Of course, those who abuse power will tell you that you couldn't possibly understand such concepts to ensure you don't question them. However, just a few hours watching netflix documentaries about the global economic crash will have you hooked, I promise! It'll also avail you of a broader understanding of whats going on behind the scenes... think wizard of oz.

One I'd recommend is:

End of the Road: How Money Became Worthless

This might be "whoops, sorry. Wrong meeting," but this is a hobby full of middle aged men so likely somewhat inevitable! Right, back to setting up emulators and pretending that its all OK...

• Like 1

"Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair."

- George Burns

And I will add building retro gaming systems...

• Like 1

On 11/06/2017 at 9:55 AM, stigzler said:

Whilst I understand the feelings behind the above, I'd urge you to look more broadly at the two main parties. don't vote for the individual, vote for their prevailing ideology. Leaders can come and go overnight and the process of democracy ensures the checks and balances of their own parties around them, although people often mistake in-group disagreement for incompetence rather than spiriting indication of free speech and debate.

Minority governments historically don't last long so we may very well have another general election soon. So again, Id urge people not to get swept up into personality politics and get stuck into the ideology, economics and sociology behind each party. Of course, those who abuse power will tell you that you couldn't possibly understand such concepts to ensure you don't question them. However, just a few hours watching netflix documentaries about the global economic crash will have you hooked, I promise! It'll also avail you of a broader understanding of whats going on behind the scenes... think wizard of oz.

One I'd recommend is:

End of the Road: How Money Became Worthless

This might be "whoops, sorry. Wrong meeting," but this is a hobby full of middle aged men so likely somewhat inevitable! Right, back to setting up emulators and pretending that its all OK...

I do look at them broadly. And don't assume that because I single out the main candidate of each party, that I have no clue what each parties intentions are.

For a laugh imma comment on the three main :P

LibDems: I'm just gonna be nice and get on with everyone. If that doesn't work i'mma get on with even more people! Legalise weed!

Labour: Screw the rich! Hail to the working class! Fek the rich, and the poor, and everything else, coz there is only one class! And only one situation of life. If you don't fall into our criteria then f you.

Conservatives: I have money, i want more money. Big coorps are offering me money to ignore money, so i get more money. I take the money.

Take your pick lol

• Like 1

On 13/06/2017 at 7:25 PM, stigzler said:

I especially like the Tory parody...

^^ they are all just as bad and as useless as each other. NONE of them represent the people anymore, and this is why the public, i think, feel utter disdain towards politicians.