All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2 stays open in background after exiting back to PinballX

BlackPredator72

I saw there are more people asking for this same issue, but there is no solution for it yet. Topics are closed without a solution.

On my new installed system with Win10 x64, PinballX 2.36, Pinball FX2 (non steam) I encounter the same problem.

Pinball FX2 tables are starting from the PinballX menu but when I exit the table it will return to PinballX but the backglass and DMD are stuck on the backglass monitor and Pinball FX2 is still playing in the background. I can't start a new table from this moment until I close Pinball FX2 myself.

I also tried a KillTask.bat and use it as a Launch After in the settings like someone mentioned, but this isn't working too.

Hopefully someone knows a solution or workaround.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

KillTask.bat

Looks like your parameters in your settings for pinball fx2 are set to some script?

Parameters section try

-applaunch 226980 [TABLEFILE]

You also have launch before and after settings that don't seem to have a need at least not in the machines I run it in. The looks of it is like you are trying to call back pinballx where as your quit table button should put you back without needing any of that in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c4f71dccb4e5ca57f0a72884c8d4e34e.jpg

Here's mine on a blank machine to get in and out quick sorry for the quality.

If you're using a script for buttons I can't help there but x360ce took care of my needs for fx2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were the settings that I used too except for -applaunch 226980 [TABLEFILE] I have -applaunch 226980 "[TABLEFILE]"

and instead of Process to monitor: Pinball FX2.exe I have nothing.

But....the idea of using x360ce slipped my mind and because PinballX was suggesting to use XPadder I used XPadder for my controls.

So I unticked the option for XPadder in PluginManager and downloaded x360ce and.....everything is working as it should!

Btw. the settings in my PinballX.ini were not the same as I configured the Settings.exe but at least I got it working now.

Now I have to find out how to start my Pinball Arcade.

Thnx!

It sounds like I need to update the Xpadder plugin, I wrote some code to deal with focus loss in it's GameEx counterpart which should fix the issue. I'll work on porting that plugin over. I don't really have a viable install of PinballX so I unfortunately neglect those plugins and focus on GameEx instead. When that is done, you should be able to keep using Xpadder.

• Like 1