All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Another "Can't get PBA to launch table" Thread...

Iain1986

Hi

I've been batteling for a few hours now trying to get PBA to launch the correct table from inside PinballX. 

I'm trying to cut everything back and just have the default PinballX implementation to work, so no extra mods (FCM) or scripts to keep things simple.

I've got PinballX launching PBA via steam working fine, and the rotation of the screen seems fine too. I can "hear" and see key presses being sent, but the wrong table is being selected. When it loads it seems to select Options first, pauses, then exits and selects MyTables. Then pauses then there are *lots* of keypresses where it seems to alternate between MyTables and the Exit button, then selects the wrong table...

I've attached my PinballX ini file and PinballArcade xml file. I have another custom Pinball Arcade system in my file but its not in use as that was a test. Also I dont own *any* PBA tables yet other than the free Arabian Nights, so I'm just trying to launch that. I assume the "1x1" is correct for the grid then, as thats the only table I own?

Instead, it seems to end up highlighting Addams Family in the unowned grid, then moves down 1 and select Black Hole. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong here and what best to fix. Does the FCM "just work"? I tried downloading it but when I run it just says its "down for maintenance".

Either way I'd like to see it working with the inbuilt PinballX support first.

I've also included  Steam screenshot to show how it ends up with Black Hole selected.

PinballX.ini

Pinball Arcade.xml

20170529170446_1.jpg

What@Draco1962 is saying is that if you haven't invested any money in PBA yet then you are far better off investing those hours of time getting Visual Pinball working. VP is hands down a better experience especially for cab players. And it is free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: not really trying to denigrate PBA. It's good for my iPad.

I get that, I have VP completely integrated and working, but I'm still keen to get PBA writing (PinballX claims it has built in support so I wanted to see that working).

Does the auto table selection not work then?

I get people prefer VP over PBA, but my issue wasn't over which to use, it was just too try and figure out why the mouse presses weren't going through right.

Thinking I might just have to make my own AHK script myself?

Part of the reason I want to experiment is too investigate BAM support. I've seen some videos of people getting it to work.

Some people get lucky and others not so with the integrated support. Tom has tried to keep abreast of FarSight's changes,  but to no avail. I am not able to get it to work with my setup. I even have issues with it directly from Steam outside of PinballX due to the way the UI scrolls and tries to scroll back up.