All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Got cartridges?

tthurman

Pass.... I'd rather just use a legit NES console.  The thing that made the NES mini awesome, was that it used built in ROMs.  You didn't have to go out and hunt down a cartridge, it came pre-loaded.  Then some guys hacked it and let you add even more ROMs to the list.  The only thing this Retron will give you is HD output, which you can finagle using an HDMI cable and some solder on a classic NES.  In fact, you don't even need to do that if you can get your hands on an RCA->HDMI converter.  Although I don't know if that will give you HD.  You'll have to find one that does up-scaling (not hard to do).  Just do what I did and make your own.  Buy an old, non-working NES (for the case ($20)), gut it, put in a Raspberry Pi 3, a big MicroSD card, and install RetroPie. 

./' Happy days are here again! ./'

• Like 1