All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ah the memories

tthurman

Same! I can go farther back to the INTV, man if I could get that time back I might have learned something when I was a kid!!

• Like 1

That was my first console. Dad came home with ours in '78. Big, heavy 6-switch model connected to our 26" Zenith. OMG those were the days!! Playing Space Invaders on this monster. :)

Curtis%20Mathes%20josha.JPG

• Like 1

Our group was spoiled. :)

I had an Atari 2600 and a TI 994/a setup.

My friend Scott had Intellivision and a Commodore64.

Jeff had a ColecoVision (and the first of us to get the NES also) and he also had a Commodore64.

Pick a house we had SO much to play! :)

I don't remember in which order this all played out, and I'm not going to research :P

My dad wouldn't buy game systems, well minus the pong machine from the mid 70's.  So...I had to leech of my neighbors, and Jeff and Josh always had the latest, greatest stuff.

Odyssey, Intellivision, Coleco Vision (which I thought was the shizzy) and a Commodore 64.  The C64 had some of the coolest arcade style games IIRC, but I have vivid memories of the Track and Field type games.  We wore that thing out!

Good times for sure!

22 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

That was my first console. Dad came home with ours in '78. Big, heavy 6-switch model connected to our 26" Zenith. OMG those were the days!! Playing Space Invaders on this monster. :)

Please tell me that you held onto the Heavy Sixer!?

• Like 1

@stigzlerIt's still part of my setup. :) I no longer have my collection of carts but I have a Harmony Cartridge now so still get to play all my games on original hardware!

I also still have Scott's Intellivision II with an LTO Flash! cartridge and my original Panasonic 3DO. I admit though I have had to repurchase my 3 Nintendo consoles but since I found out about the Everdrive loader carts I REALLY wanted those back on my shelf. Totally worth it!

And to stay on topic:

• Like 1

I bought these 20x30 posters from user pboland on AtariAge. They look great in my office. :) There's some good nostalgia here.

The poster is based off the 1983 Coleco sales brochures that would have been passed out durning CES. "Berzerk" and "OmegaRace" never had a sales brochure made in this style. The ones pictured in this poster were created to match the other sales brochures from the time

post-9874-0-36536800-1436383135.jpg

post-9874-0-58807100-1447429746.jpg