All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

keyboard mapping issue for select and back

drummerjake

I have the latest version of gameex i downloaded it a few weeks ago and im getting a issue with the select and back mapping.  When im running gameex the back key moves forward like the select key and i can not navigate back.  I use a x arcade tank stick.  i have tried programming it to use different key and used notepad to verify it was working correctly. but i still getting the same issue. I have also tried using several themes.

Hey drummerjake welcome to the GameEx forums.

You may want to enable Direct Input, if you haven't already.

There are also some custom keyboard settings you can try in the input section as well.

You may have already tried these, but as you haven't provided a ini, I don't know.  See my signature for help finding these files if you need.

We need the gameex.ini and log.txt files. Also, please attach them in reply to this thread as copy and paste results in a helluva lot of sore thumbs scrolling on a smart phone, as well as mouse work from a PC.

First, if you click to reply to a post, you will see an option towards the bottom to "Drag files here to attach or choose files..." section. Please, DO NOT COPY & PASTE! 

Second, if you click on the GameEx: How to ask for help link in my signature, it will provide you with the specific locations to look for your gameex.ini and log.txt files!

We will definitely need to look at your gamee.ini file to determine if any changes need to be made to your inputs. Generally speaking, it should work "out of the box" with little to no changes being made to the inputs being required.