All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I just found the pronunciation of MODEM hilarious.. that, and the totally awkward feeling those people are displaying.  Like they couldn't find somebody else to do this, rather than a video camera in somebody's home?  I guess that's the norm though, with lots of people doing video conferencing via skype on tv.. but back then, it just looks totally anxious.

These are prime examples of people who suffer from M.E.D. in the UK. It's a very serious affliction, particularly affecting people from privileged and comfortable backgrounds...

Yes siree bob, Middle England Disorder can be a nasty condition indeed. Crucibles full of neuroses, performance anxiety and the perpetual drive to keep up with the Joneses

You might have to be British to spot it, although all you have to do is watch any Monty Python for a primer in what to watch for. Clue: in the video - did you notice the fake, plastered smiles and feigned happiness? Beneath lie seething demons of passive aggressiveness and hatred for their fellow men. 

Oh, I'm sorry, wrong meeting!

:)

18 hours ago, stigzler said:

Ah! I wondered if you were referring to this Royle Family

"Remake, my ass

Americans, eh. They do like to mangle our sitcoms. Sometimes they get it right (the US Office is actually rather good), but more often than not it's enough to make you weep. Like when they took the Royles and turned them into their American equivalent: a bunch of slobbish redneck types. Admittedly, it was clever calling it The Kennedys, as the famed political dynasty were the nearest thing to a royal family America ever had. But even the efforts of Randy Quaid in the Jim Royle role couldn't save this, and it didn't last beyond a pilot."

I'll stick with Two and a Half Men reruns