All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Plugin manager missing in new install

surface tension

I'm completing a new GameEx install to overcome an issue involving the U360 plugin. I'm all set up and ready to try out the plugin, but the plugin manager isn't there. I downloaded the plugin independently, but I can't see how you enable it without the manager. If I try to use the wizard to download and install the plugin, it tells me that I need a subscription. I've signed in online and tried again, but still get the same message. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, surface tension said:

I'm completing a new GameEx install to overcome an issue involving the U360 plugin. I'm all set up and ready to try out the plugin, but the plugin manager isn't there. I downloaded the plugin independently, but I can't see how you enable it without the manager. If I try to use the wizard to download and install the plugin, it tells me that I need a subscription. I've signed in online and tried again, but still get the same message. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Your status as a GameEx Founding Member has the same access as a Basic Member as explained here. You will need to re-subscribe for at least a GameEx Supporting membership in order to have access to the subscription features.

If you have it put in manually, you should still be able to configure plugins in the Setup Wizard, you only need a subscription to use the download service. Do you not see it in the list of installed plugins? It's maybe am issue with the dll.

What version of GameEx are you using? 'Plugin Manager' is no longer a term that is used in the Setup Wizard.

It may help if you post your GameEx.ini file and log.txt file. They can be found in the CONFIG and LOG folders.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info here all. I have to admit I was naive to membership levels!

It appears that the plugin manager is no more, or if it is, I can't get it to appear from a new install. As I copied the U360 plugin manually, one of the things I couldn't seem to do was use the 'configure' button via the wizard (though I know you can access this directly). However, I unchecked and checked again and it then worked. So I'm wondering if this was linked to it not working.

It's all working now, so thanks for the input. Really appreciated!