All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I'm stuck and frustrated...help please rocketlauncher/PinbalX & PC games

britxpatusa

Ok, ive manged to work out everything with pinballX but for the life of me i cannot get rocket launcher and PinballX working for lauching PC games

this is the error i get

Cannot find \Databases\PC Games\PC Games.xml

I have created a XML for rocketlauncher

setup rocketlauncher and can run the games from the launcher (red rocket) button

created game manager menu and populated

pointed the rocketlauncher to a bat file as shortcut fails.

What am i missing? pls help

thx

PinballX config PC Games.JPG

PinballX data bases PC Games.JPG

rocketlauncher databases.JPG

rocketlauncher failure on shortcut.JPG

Unfortunately I do not run Rocketlauncher from PinballX. The error image you posted looks like a Rocketlauncher error message to me, or at least I have not ever seen one like it from PinballX.

I would ask the RocketLauncher people, that's most certainly not a PBX issue.

Ok thanks both for replying...

is there another way to launch PC games from PinballX?

im looking at windows store games:

crossy road

disney crossy road 

these a great games for children and suite my pinball/arcade hybrid.

thx

brit

Have you considered running GameEx Arcade and PinballX both on the same machine? You may find some options with GameEx a little easier to manage. 

rocket launcher and PinballX don't get along nicely.

I tried to use it because I don't like to have multiple media folders for all the VP versions. 

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?59-PinballX

but that's another story,   a "Database Not found" error is usually generated when you don't set a default front-end on your Rocketlauncher Settings.

7 minutes ago, 32assassin said:

rocket launcher and PinballX don't get along nicely.

I tried to use it because I don't like to have multiple media folders for all the VP versions. 

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?59-PinballX

but that's another story,   a "Database Not found" error is usually generated when you don't set a default front-end on your Rocketlauncher Settings.

thanks, yes this is what i have read and i have changed and tried all sorts.....frustrating.

ive even build a vmware windows 10 build and put pinballX and Rocketlauncher on it with nothing else and same error. im sure its just s pointer somewhere to the XML.

thanks for replying!

frontend setup.JPG

frontend setup 2.JPG

6 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Have you considered running GameEx Arcade and PinballX both on the same machine? You may find some options with GameEx a little easier to manage. 

no but sorta defeats the objective to have one system, and my kids use it so want it super easy....:-)

i know if can be done as a TerryRed has done this....and a few others....hoping they will chime in and help

so....i have made progress....i can get the games to startup: crossy road.the xml error is no longer.

I changed the folder structure and it worked for some reason.

only thing is pinballX is still there.....when the game loads...

onwards and upwards....