All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Amiga WHDLOAD (WinUAE Loader) database problem

Rochabian

I use WinUAELoader with WHDLOAD set for Amiga games

I use the database from WinUAE Loader 1.78 by headkaze  with Gameex

I have set the database in the setup wizard and tick "Use Database Name" 

But the games name doesn't change at all in Gameex, It always display weird Whdload filename ( for example "Jim Power" is displayed "JimPower_v1.1_0068" )

Ticked or not "Use Database Name" doesn't change anything.

I've tried to modify the database and i've converted it to .db3 to see if it was the problem but it's the same

Is the problem from the weird naming of roms itself (underscore, numbers etc)  that can interfere with renaming in Gameex?

Using Database Name with many other emulators works great but not for Amiga.....

Can someone confirm the problem with Amiga Roms?

13 hours ago, Rochabian said:

Is the problem from the weird naming of roms itself (underscore, numbers etc)  that can interfere with renaming in Gameex?

The Amiga database is very incomplete (assuming I am looking at the same one you are). Many of the entries do not even have the basic information to form a match. As for those that do have entries, I have a feeling your filenames may be too different to form a match. Updating the databases is a HUGE undertaking and there is always effort put into getting updates out, but there is no telling when the next update of that database may happen.

The exact filename match is "Jim Power in Mutant Planet_Disk1" which should yield a name of "Jim Power in Mutant Planet". If you want to tinker with it, you could try changing the JimPower rom name to something closer such as "Jim Power" to closer match the Gamebase database entry. If the exact match still does not work, you could try another variation or you may want to clear the cache for that emulator in case something isn't working right there.

However, I suggest using a mapfile until the database is more complete. At least you can have a nice, clean list even if a little work is needed to get one.

If you have further questions, please post your GameEx.ini so we can see your entire config.

2 hours ago, RedDog said:

The Amiga database is very incomplete (assuming I am looking at the same one you are).

We are not talking about the same database. I'm talking about this one : [PC] Commodore Amiga (WHDLoad).mdb

In fact this database have all the info needed for Gamex to clean the rom names. The "GoodName" column wich exactly match the name of my romset (my amiga whdload set is clean) and the "Name" column, wich is the name that Gameex should display when "Use Database Name" is ticked.

So this database should work, is't not about missing info in it. I've already cleared the cache with no effect. I'ts not about a problem for one or two games, it is for all the set.

I just want to understand why this one doesn't do the job because others do.

As i am a little stubborn, i've found the problem. The database has a bug and isn't recognized at all

So i've rewrote it in . db3 format and it's working well.

For those who want to use it just copy it to the Gameex/DATA/EMULATORS folder and delete the old "[PC] Commodore Amiga (WHDLoad).mdb" file

Feel free to include it in future release of Gameex or WinUAELoader !

[PC] Commodore Amiga (WHDLoad).db3

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Amiga WHDLOAD (WinUAE Loader) database problem
  • Draco1962 locked this topic