Rochabian

Bezels / Overlay in other emulators than mame possible?

5 posts in this topic

For Gameboy or portable device emulation, i want to add a bezel of the emulated machine around the game screen because i want to emulate resolution in 1:1 and i have black border all around the screen ( see example attached).

I use mainly MEDNAFEN for GB,GBC or GBA emulation and i don't have found such option for this emulator

I know that Rocket launcher is able to add bezel in overlay of the emulator.

Can i do the same thing in Gameex or with Mednafen itself ?

Thanks

Bezel.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Retroarch does it:

Nice ! I have to try  and integrate it in my Gameex setup. I hope it can produce 1:1 emulation but as it seems that it uses the core of mednafen it should handle it.

Thanks stigzler !

I've been using this for a while. I actually switched to this emulator solely for the overlays. I knocked up a few that look similar to these and tweaked each core's viewable areas to for my monitor, it adds a nice touch. It's good enough for me, not that you need my endorsement. I even applied a filter for Game Boy that shows the games in the old monochrome style.

Yes ,i've tested it this afternoon and i have done  a custom overlay for GB. I have a good result with screen resolution 256x240 and integer scale x1, pixels are perfect

But scrolling doen't seems smooth (it wasn't with Mednafen too), i have to play with settings to get smooth scrolling and everything will be fine!