All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

FX2 BG Goes Black Loading Tables

ruebsy

Hello,

Not too sure what Ive changed but out of nowhere by fx2 backglass videos no longer show during gameplay.No issue in pinballx wheel, they show up normal. When I pick a table it loads andthen an all black sceen. The dmd shows on my 3rd display and table plays fine.

I have tried both checked and unchecked in game manager. My other cab has hidebackglass checked yet it still shows them so I'm very confused. I read another post but was resolved without pointing out what was fixed. In said post it mentioned something about disabling a native fx2 backglass. If anyone can further explain this id be interested to know. 

Any help is appreciated attached is my ini

(EDIT: The time frame at 11 seconds o 20 hasn't changed and just realized I never put that back after trying it)

PinballX.ini

Yes backglass is turned off in fx2. This is odd...still cant figure this out. Ive even tried on or off just cause I'm out of ideas. Last night I noticed I hadn't added champions to my xml. I did and the backglass worked. So I rematched all the naming to table names in xml, videos to the table names in the fx2 data file. Now all are off again,including champions. All still show for preview but not play. Is this a codec issue? Using sharkeys007 if theres something more effective I'm all ears.

• 1 month later...

Hope you don't mind but I merged your previously open and unresolved thread with the new one you just opened for the same issue. I just have an aversion to multiple threads started by the same members for the same issue. 

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, do you have the integrated GPU enabled or are you running the Catalyst Software Suite with the Gaming Evolved Client by Raptr? Especially if the later, try uninstalling the Gaming Evolved Client by Raptr and see if that makes a difference. If the former, see if your can disable the integrated GPU.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, do you have the integrated GPU enabled or are you running the Catalyst Software Suite with the Gaming Evolved Client by Raptr? Especially if the later, try uninstalling the Gaming Evolved Client by Raptr and see if that makes a difference. If the former, see if your can disable the integrated GPU.

Funny you should mention this actually. When we first loaded this cab (my friends build)it worked great. The BGs went away so I first re-installed sharkys007 codecs and we were good. That's when I noticed a big lag on vpx tables. That's when I realized he was using a weak gpu and on board for dmd monitor. We put in a 770, disabled the on board and uninstalled Raptr. Up til yesterday I thought all catalyst software was gone but a piece was still there. Removed it and still have the issue. All throughout this process we would get one to show then nothing.

Randomly yesterday bobs burgers worked once then won't anymore. I started trying images but same issue.

Do you know of any other areas maybe registry files that are connected to the on board? Im half tempted to just reinstall fresh and move him to win10. It's on 7 64 currently.

Odd thing is even the log file shows Dx making a BG window and lists no error. Tables like Scarface in vp have a unhidden backglass and they work without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you still using Shark007? I think PinballX works better with LAV overall. 

As for Windows 10, I personally like it better, and you may find better compatibility with the 770. 

For this pc it seemed unavoidable back when I tried removing shark I tried just LAV filters and many tables weren't showing media. I added it in and they are back. Also tried running with both. No luck. I'm thinking something's set in stone because the onboard wasn't disabled sooner...might be a full reinstall...ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk