All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Where to download game logos for Gameex ?

Rochabian

Hi

I've a lot of emulators set up with medias, but some roms of my sets doesn't have conventionnal naming  ( for example psx isos or scummvm game, and french games )

If i use Emumovies Sync, some artworks are not found because of my special rom naming

Where can i download full games logos packs  ?

I'm a Emumovie lifetime members and there is no Logos pack on the FTP for Gameex

So from where Emumovie sync download them? And how to download them without "syncing"

Thanks !

If your naming isn't conventional, you're already fighting an uphill battle.  You likely wouldn't get complete success even if it was.  If you browse the projects forums here, you will see there are many efforts underway to create a complete collection, but in addition to being a daunting task, it is also far from being complete.

Tom coded the down-loader to work with EmuMovies, and as your names don't match, well, it's only adding to the problem.  Unfortunately there is no universal set that works with everything.  There are other communities that have developed tools that try to address issues such as these, but you will not find them here.

<edit>  Someone else could very well chime in with information I'm unaware of, but I've done a considerable amount of logo hunting myself, and there's much unfinished business.  Please share with us any purple patch you may happen upon :)

Since you're a member of EmuMovies you can dig through the FTP and find what you're missing. When I ripped my PSX and PS2 discs I used the names from Emumovies as an example as to how to name my ISOs. That might be too little, too late for advice though.

There are no logo section on the Emumovies FTP, not in uploads too.

I've searched a bit and they are present on........the GameEx FTP!!!!!! In the Emulator artwork & Videos section

Don't know why i haven't searched here before....

Just to say, it's not about ALL my roms but only a few of them that can't be found with syncing

Searching the file needed from the FTP can resolve my problem, i think

As logos are the same file as Hyperspin Wheel, perhaps i have to dig into HS FTP to complete my set

Thanks guys!

Depending on the set, it may be easier to pm someone about conventionally named sets? It's likely easier to construct a new set than to fuzzy match all your off-piste roms to conventional image names. 

Failing that, I dunno if you could use this I made for matching image sets to FrontEnd database game names. I can't remeber how it works now, but you might be able to point one of the directories towards roms rather than images and then maulally rename your roms to common standards:

https://gamesetmatch.codeplex.com/

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know this software. Can be useful.

My setup actually is to download entire set of artworks (when they exists) and use the software "FatMatch" to rename the artworks like my roms

Quite good results for me.

I'll  check GameSetMatch for sure. Thanks

There's a nice rom renamer tool in the hyperspin forums. It allows you to get creative to match several folders to different media folders. Takes a bit to get used to but if you have hundreds to do it can cut the load down quite an it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2