All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Need WINDOWED mode for GX Arcxade edition

wrd1972

I have a pin-cab and want to run arcade edition on the 40" TV in the cabinet. But I REALLY need WINDOWED mode, not full screen cause its just too darn tall. I can set it a more appropriate size in windowed. I select windowed in the setup but it does not seem to work. Any assistance is appreciated.

AND I am a lifetime payed member so how can I remove the nag screen? I dont have my "key" from 3 years ago.

Thanks again

I do not believe GameEx Arcade supports windowed mode. When I do testing, I prefer windowed mode and I have not been able to get it to go. I believe the setting allows for Full Screen Windowed or Full Screen.

GameEx Arcade was designed with Arcade cabinets in mind, but I don't think that includes Pinball cabs. You could put up a request for it. Please specify that it is for Arcade.

Thanks guys. I will make a request. I really like the Arcade version since it is far "lighter" than Gameex.

But I am curious. Whats the difference between Full Screen Windowed or Full Screen? They both looked exactly the same on my display.

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

Full screen windowed allows for better alt-tab access to your desktop.

Okay I think I understand that. Thanks.

But is there any benefit with either being it visual or performance related? I would have to assume so...hence the two options.

Actually if anything it's a bit of a performance hit, but this is not really relevant as it once was. On a modern OS and hardware the gap has closed on performance differences, but it's a whole lot easier to do things; troubleshooting for instance, when full screen windowed is an option IMO.