All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

gameex and Game Loader All RH --> errors

Hi

I use OpenBOR  and in the same method I have create a new line with  "Game Loader All RH"  and I have create .lnk for each launcher 

When I execute directly "Game Loader All RH" there is no problem with the game 

When I launch  with Gameex to execute "Game Loader All RH" Gameex finish with an error and Gameex is out 

What is the method to launch .lnk of "Game Loader All RH" with no problem under Gameex 

THX a lot 

Hi there,  you may want to provide copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files, in addition to your emulator config file for us to review. 

Click on the GameEx How to ask for help link in my signature for instructions on how to locate the files and attach the files in reply to this thread. Thanks! 

Hey 175650,

I have not used this Game Launcher, but it appears to have a GUI. You said that when you "execute directly" a game will run. When you do this, are you running the game within the Game Loader GUI or using the .lnk file you created? If you are going to use .lnk files to run games from GameEx, you first need to be able to successfully run the game using that .lnk file (ie double clicking it).

Hi

When I run the game I use the Game Loader all rh  .lnk that I have created . But I don't understand you replies because if I create a .lnk with the game I can't execute the game loader all rh lnk and the game don't use the parameter on the game loader config 

my method is to use the lnk of Game Loader all rh  because Game Loader all rh is more easy and very large possibility to customize the parameter ( customisation of screen ) of each game but this method obliged to launch the game with Game Loader all rh 

Your emulator setup points does not appear to have a proper command line to tell GameEx to open the loader:

[Emulator_27]
Info=OpenBOR is a continuation of the Beats Of Rage 2D game engine.
Website=http://sourceforge.net/projects/openbor/
RequiredFiles=
DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdatabase.org/setupwizard/emulators/download/OpenBOR v3.0 Build 3742.7z
Rating=
Version=v3.0 Build 3742
Emulator=OpenBOR
Category=PC
System=OpenBOR
Enabled=True
TitleText=OpenBOR
StartPageName=OpenBOR
StartPageLogo=OpenBOR

Command="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
RomFilter=*.lnk

Database=[PC] OpenBOR
ConfigFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)
MapFile
=

What is the name of the executible for the loader? Can you provide us with a screen capture of what one of the .lnk files looks like when you right-click on one and select Properties?

Hi RedDog and Draco1962

"Game Loader All RH" is not an emulator more a launcher , I join the sequence of execution 

at the step 6 I heard the music game but not the screen I see just the step 6 and it's impossible to active "ALT TAB" key but my joystick is active and I can exit of the game (esc key) but I don't see the game screen

step 0.png

step 1 2 3.png

step 4 5.png

step_6.png

To use the launcher you have to setup as an emulator. The term is used to note where you are settling it up for use.

That said, can you provide a link to an English version as @RedDog has requested?  Thanks. 

It's so much more difficult than that for Taito Type X. By far it's the most difficult emulator I've ever had the (dis) pleasure of working on.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?/topic/10123-GameEX-and-Taito-Type-X

Instructions start on page 3, but tweaks are sprinkled throughout that thread for the various games.

5 hours ago, Adultery said:

It's so much more difficult than that for Taito Type X. By far it's the most difficult emulator I've ever had the (dis) pleasure of working on.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?/topic/10123-GameEX-and-Taito-Type-X

I looked through the thread. Maybe I missed it, but it appears to be about getting the launcher/emulator to work on it's own. Was there some GameEx-related stuff I missed?

Nope, it still uses the lnk method, but there's a bit of work to prep the launcher before you make the shortcuts. See the below excerpt from the instructions.

Close ArcadePC Launcher and create some shortcuts

In each game's folder, you will find an EXE that launches the game (for example, SFIV_Launcher.exe). Right-click this file and select "Create Shortcut". Name it how you like it, just make sure your artwork matches it if you want it to display properly. Take that shortcut and put it in a "shortcuts" folder you can point GameEx to for your game list.

Set GameEx to use the LNK method for launching Windows games

If you set your ROM filter to *.LNK and turn on "Show Desktop", and also set your working folder to the shortcuts folder you'll be golden. Your Cmd Line will be: ""[ROMPath]/[ROMFile]""

@175650 I tried the link, but it said that the rar is empty or corrupted

But hopefully Adultry's exaplanation helpped. At least you can confirm if the setup he suggested is indeed what you have (as far as the .lnk files)...but if that is the case, then you should be able to double-click on a .lnk file to run the game.

@stigzler Not sure...maybe?!?!?!

8 hours ago, 175650 said:

I appreciate the link, but I find it hard to trust links that hide behind URL aliases. If you have a link to a 'legit' emulator site that shows the actual address (well, as 'legit' as such a site can be anyway), I am still willing to take a look (unless someone else wants to, of course...all though I am still curious).

Also, don't worry about your English. You are doing fine. For the most part, I think the communication in the thread has been pretty good for everyone. If we need to ask a few more questions to make sure we are on the same page, that's ok.  :)