All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Zaccaria Pinball (Steam)

CHASER

• 1 month later...

Hmm.. I've read through that page too and can't work out:

if there are supposed to be one, two or three scripts in there, due to the commenting implying so.

What some of the script is doing - e.g. the antimicro area

How I pass a table value to the AHK file and it pick it up.

They've done all the hard work for us, but I still can't work out how to use it! Can anyone advise the final piece of the puzzle for us please?

Add "Zaccaria Pinball" as a system in the Other Systems screen in the Settings app. Assign System Type as Custom. Point the executable path to the launcher. Use "Zaccaria Pinball.xml" as your database file as-is. At least, don't change the game name tags as these are what the Zaccaria Pinball program calls the different tables. Launch parameter = [TABLEFILE]

The launcher is specific to my particular configuration. I use the command line driven app Display Changer II to rotate my playfield monitor to portrait and antimicro to map my buttons to keys. The source code is included so it can be adjusted to fit users' needs.

The code for the script that launches Zaccaria is LaunchZaccaria.ahk. If you use the database file as-is and without modifcation, "Zaccaria Pinball.xml", then the script will launch the correct table.  That's it.

Thanks for the reply - I've had some luck with this after your tips. I found that I have needed to change some of the lines and rebuild the ahk.

For interest, I removed these lines which I believe are right for your setup:

;Run, %antimicro_Path%\antimicro --no-tray --hidden --profile "%antimicro_Path%\profiles\VP.joystick.amgp"
;Run, dc2.exe -configure="%A_ScriptDir%\dc2config\TPASettings.xml",, Hide

and added in

Run, "C:\Program Files\iRotate\iRotate.exe" /rotate=90

which would be right for mine, before rebuilding it. Additionally I swapped out a similar line (to rotate it back) at the end, replacing the matching lines.

This seems to work nicely and launches the correct table. On exit though, I was getting the Zaccaria pinball application sticking in the background on the 'are you sure you want to exit' screen. Don't know if this is just me. I'll try again tomorrow. Unsure if it's finding the right application or the ahk is dying before ZaccariaPinball.exe is killed.

Thank you for the help!