All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How to display video snap when no video theme is found

Rochabian

Hi!

I'm happy that videos themes are present in Gamex and i like them.

But as they are not "full set" for now and there is a lot of missing  video themes, i want to display video theme if they exist, and if not, display video snap instead

How can i achieve that ?

I can see only a directory to set up for video snaps, and no option about what to display first

Is it actually doable in Gameex ?

Thanks !

I don't refer to Gameex Arcade. I'm using normal Gameex. I just want to display game video theme if it exists from a directory, and if it doesn't exist, then display game video snap instead from another directory ( i don't want to merge video snaps & theme in the same directory)

It seems that it's already working like this for artwork display, i mean :

1 -> Check if "snap" exist, if it exists, then display it in image1

2 -> If "snap" doesn't exist, check if "box" exists, if it exists, then display in image 1

3 -> If "box" doesn't exists, check etc....etc...

I just want to be able to use the same routine with videos and 2 or more videos directories

Perhaps in EVO ? :)

8 hours ago, Rochabian said:

It seems that it's already working like this for artwork display, i mean :

1 -> Check if "snap" exist, if it exists, then display it in image1

2 -> If "snap" doesn't exist, check if "box" exists, if it exists, then display in image 1

3 -> If "box" doesn't exists, check etc....etc...

I just want to be able to use the same routine with videos and 2 or more videos directories

Perhaps in EVO ? :)

Regular GameEx does this for images, but not videos. The exception is that GameEx wants to show a video but none exists, it will try to show an image...but you can't show a video in place of an image.  I am not sure how Arcade handles it, but my guess is that it is the same as regular.

The files have the following pecking order:

IMAGE1 (usually Logo or Title):

• Logo
  • Title
  • Box
  • Cart
  • Emulator Logo
  • Blank

IMAGE2 (Usually Video or Snap):

• Video
  • Image Snap
  • Emulator Logo
  • Blank

Older themes only have one image (I believe both v1 and v2). V3 and v4 can have an Image1 and Image2. Also, keep in mind that theme creators can be pretty creative, so they may use assets in unconventional ways.  :)

There are also a few other exceptions. For example, if a snap is not found, the Snap Not Found image will be displayed if there is one. I believe the Emulator Logo may also be displayed if an image other than a snap is not found (but I am not sure of all the combos).

Evo is still cooking and there is no date for it's full release. Only the devs really know how images will be handled there, but I expect either similar functionality or something more versatile.

If someonewas so inclined,  they could put their game theme videos in the video folder and the standard videos in the snaps folder to see if they will load as desired. Just a thought...

5 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

If someonewas so inclined,  they could put their game theme videos in the video folder and the standard videos in the snaps folder to see if they will load as desired. Just a thought...

Tested it last night. It will not display a video from another folder if the video is not in the designated Video Snap folder.

• Like 1