All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Frontend backglass only showing black screen

Brutze

Now the gamelist manager is saying that all the wheel images are missing for PBFX2. All the files are there and were working two minutes ago.

Edited by Brutze
Typo

I think you could be right. Seems a shame to have to do another clean install when VP10, FP, and PBFX2 are all working fine on 2 monitors but PinballX isn't happy. Could it just be the new download features of the Game Manager? It seams like it's a  mixture of codecs and game manager voodoo. I just don't know.

Hard to tell. You may want to check Event Viewer in your Administrative Tools (just type Event Viewer in the Windows 10 search field after clicking Start) to see if there is anything standing our with the OS itself. I have not seen this kind of behavior with PinballX before as you are describing.

Sorry I think I caused a missunderstanding b4. I'm on Win7pro here. I was wondering whether upgrading to 10 might help. Old PC/OS with new GPU is maybe a problem here.

Event Viewer in Windows 7 may still be worth taking a look. Depending on your motherboard, sometimes a newer GPU will bottleneck, but hard to say from rig to rig.

I will say that I like the memory management of 10 better than 7.

Not sure what I'm looking for. Seems to be alot of errors and warnings in Administrative (User Defined) and in Protocols for Windows Apps.

Some stuff from the Shark Codecs I tried and then deleted. Lots of general stuff

:unsure:Care to take a look?

I saved these in English although my system is running in German (and I'm scottish:rolleyes:)

BerlinPinXSystemEvents1.evtx

BerlinPinXSystemEvents2.evtx

I think the whole system has gone cockamarroo. If I don't get on further tommorrow I'm going to back up my tables and do a fresh install. I have a gut feeling Win10 will work better with the GTX1050ti though (Is DX12 relevant here?).

It's gotta be pulling that ipdb from the databases folder somehow. I have fx2 media behave differently in still at a loss as to how my BG videos show in front end and go black for table launch.

Only reason i bring it up again is cause on my friends cab running 7 it used to work then mysteriously stopped. Yet same files, same xml, runs perfectly on my cab on win10...!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The app does seem to be doing "more" than I expect of it.  Although finding all the bits (Table, rom, b2s, media pack) is something of a right of passage, I think the "download all media" feature is def. the civilised way to go and I applaud the man for adding it. I'd like to try a previous version just to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallelujah! Working now!

I'm back. What a saga that was. Holey moley.  I've done a new clean install of Windows 10 on a nice empty SSD. I'm running the anniversary version (1607 with updates to). It was clear at once how much better the system is running for me.

So I reinstalled VPX, FP, PFX2, TPA and got them all working on the new system.

Now I've just installed Pinball X and got it setup. All media seems to be working as it should. Awesome.

I found one error/oversight in the setup wizard though. I initially had my login name spelled incorrectly. The verify feature at the end then let this pass as okay.It took me a while to workout why the game manager was spinning but doing nothing. It would be good if verify caught incorrect login details and reported it. Should I post this elsewhere?

Anyway. Thanks for all the help again. I hope I can return someone the favour sometime.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  V.1607 Build 14393.1198

Core i7-2600 3.4Ghz ;  8GbRam ; SSD; MSI GTX1050ti oc

Glad you got that all sorted. I agree that it would be great if the incorrect login details could be captured in the log.txt file or another file.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Frontend backglass only showing black screen
  • Draco1962 locked this topic