All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Game manager glitch?

o0otopdogo0o

2 hours ago, o0otopdogo0o said:

Does anybody know if the hide dmd box in game manager is strictly for gameplay? Or does it in fact even hide the dmd when browsing through the front end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the hide DMD tag is strictly for gameplay and not for attract mode:

PinballX will either support only 2 screen or only 3 screen configurations. It does not selectively support 2 screens some of the time and 3 screen at other times.

Workaround:

Use versions of FX2 video backglasses that have a grill 

OR

Use a video editor to reprocess the video backglasses that you are currently using so that there is the required space at the bottom for the DMD video.

I got one more for you guys... 4e98c1ef37c6ca46c6c0f2b41e40457b.jpg

When I run the table outside of pinballx I am able to set up the dmd on my screen set up nice...

e4b090ca80e19f3925e29e16c3a4104c.jpg

However when I launch the game using pinballx this is what I get for a dmd.. very bad resolution... anyone got a answer for this one?

ps sorry for mess lol cab is being painted

@rablack97  @Carny_Priest

no worries, i'd like clarification on what that function actually does myself, i toy around with those functions whenever something doesnt show up right on a table, and sometimes those tick marks fix my issues.

You can also create .rez files to resize your back-glasses on tables as well, you will have black lines on the side but it wont be squished.

This is from another forum.

Same as you I cannot stand the older backglasses that get squished on a 16:9 or 16:10 screen. I wrote individual .REZ files (tablename.rez) which will custom size each B2s backglass per table. For newer DMD tables I just let them run at 1920X1080 but for the older 4:3 sized backglasses I run them at 1440X1080. Here is an example of how CV looks.

IMG_20170328_205854-2_zpssgfxe9zu.jpg

no worries, i'd like clarification on what that function actually does myself, i toy around with those functions whenever something doesnt show up right on a table, and sometimes those tick marks fix my issues.

You can also create .rez files to resize your back-glasses on tables as well, you will have black lines on the side but it wont be squished.

This is from another forum.

Same as you I cannot stand the older backglasses that get squished on a 16:9 or 16:10 screen. I wrote individual .REZ files (tablename.rez) which will custom size each B2s backglass per table. For newer DMD tables I just let them run at 1920X1080 but for the older 4:3 sized backglasses I run them at 1440X1080. Here is an example of how CV looks.

IMG_20170328_205854-2_zpssgfxe9zu.jpg

I resized the dmd and backglass and it looks a lot better then it was.. definitely in attract mode.. however in doing so I've run into another dmd issue this time when I actually launch the game using pinballx.. I tagged you in my post maybe you might know what's up with it... seems that if I launch the table without using the front end the dmd shows up sharp and where it's suppose to be.. but if I launch the table using pinballx the dmd becomes very distorted as if it's not sized properly.. forgive me I'm super new to this and trying to sort everything out but it seems to be a 2 steps forward 1 step backwards type of day lol

post pics need to see exactly what your referring too...

also, VPX , FP and PBFX work differently, what kind of table are you having this issue on. 

I posted a couple a couple posts back. Same cirque table and it's a vpx.. table and dmd load perfect when I launch using vpx. But when I launch using the pinballx front end the dmd gets very distorted

I posted a couple a couple posts back. Same cirque table and it's a vpx.. table and dmd load perfect when I launch using vpx. But when I launch using the pinballx front end the dmd gets very distorted

The first pic shows me launching just using vpx the second pic is when I launch with pinballx... it keeps the same backglass as I had in attract mode but the dmd gets messed up

can you get cv  dmd and backglass to show up when running in vpx?

When I launch in vpx I get the table on my play field and I get the dmd on my second screen in the right spot and right dimensions no backglass. And when I launch the table using pinballx the dmd goes weird but the backglass stays and looks good

It may be because I have the backglass image inside the media file of pinballx? B2s settings that was located in the tables file has been changed to match the settings in pinballx and still the dmd is outstretched