All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Game manager glitch?

o0otopdogo0o

Hey guys.. seeking a little help with pinballx and game manager.. I have a two monitor system and I am trying to hide the virtual dmd for certain games.. in theory I should just have to click the hide dmd box in the game manager for the games that I wish to hide... I wish it was that simple in my case.. for whatever reason game manager seems to function properly with everything but that specific selection.. I have ran the program regularly and as administrator.. I have even tried to edit the game databases and still I can't seem to hide the dmd... what am I missing here or have I uncovered a glitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using the pinball Fx front end and when scrolling past pinball fx2 games I want to hide the dmd screen because I have the MP4 back glass loaded for those tables and don't wish to have the dmd overlapping them

Maybe I am Misunderstanding how it functions but it seems that the only way I can hide the virtual dmd in the pinballx front end is to simply disable it in the settings but this will disable it for all tables not just the fx2 tables..

I don't have a real dmd I have two computer monitors. A 40" play field and a 16 inch back glass set up like a vertigo pinball style cabinet. I have some dmd MP4 videos located inside my dmd folders for tables like the terminator t2 as well as back glass files as well.. I have the virtual dmd setup in pinballx to take up the bottom 1/4 of the 16 inch screen that shows the backglass when scrolling through tables in the front end. The virtual dmd in pinballx overlays the back glass image and in most cases it looks good. However in the fx2 tables I have MP4 style backglass art and when the virtual dmd is overplaying them it looks crappy.. I was under the assumption that if I click the hide dmd box in game manager it would hide the virtual dmd for the specific tables that I choose so that when scrolling through in pinballx I would see the dmd for the tables I want and hide it for the ones I don't want.. I'm not sure if this is how that option in game manager functions or not..

71327ae53ce5087a26a0b2e35a63bbcc.jpg

Here is an example.. I have the avengers pinball fx2 table.. the bottom of the screen is the virtual dmd in some cases it loads the pinballx video when I don't have a dmd for it to produce. In this case I have it loading a avengers png picture. Behind the dmd I have the backglass and it's a nice MP4 video backglass.. as you will notice just based on how the backglass is designed the dmd looks bad because it's cutting off some of the avengers lettering.. I am wondering if there is a way to hide the dmd for specific tables so when I run into that problem I can simply hide the dmd for that table and still have the dmd show for the tables I want such as the terminator table.. this tables backglass has simulated speakers and a dmd section designed right into the backglass art and it looks good with the way I have the virtual dmd set up to take the bottom 1/4 of the screen..

44800587c221a6639188296cf2f9ee33.jpg

If I remove the png from the dmd image folder I get the standard pinballx no dmd video.. and that's fine for some tables.. I am wanting to actually hide the dmd for the tables that I have the issue of "ok the dmd looks bad because the backglass is not allowing for a good picture" if you guys know what I'm trying to say..

yeah bud the issue here is that dmd is meant to be seperated on one screen without some kind of seperation line , either black or an image, and your wanting to totally make it transparent.  Hopefully @Draco1962 idea will work for you.

have you tried resizing your backglass size and location in pbfx2 and having the avengers title at the bottom.

as you see here the pbfx logo is showing where a dmd would be if the screens were 1 solid screen, but there is a separation between the 2, so in your case the backglass would look like mine, and then avengers or pinball x video would show below.

i just tested the new topper feature, i enabled it in the setting manager, went into game manager and checked hide topper and the no topper image was still there, so its more of an override feature rather than a removal.

2017-04-24_17-00-50.jpg

5c66fdc15bfa596f6f0a79d37ecffcb4.jpg

Mine looks like this the second screen isn't mounted in this picture but it is located above the play field.. I am using the one screen for 2 purposes the backglass and the dmd.. the dmd dimensions are for the bottom 1/4 of the screen and the backglass dimensions are for the whole screen.. when i scroll through my game in the pinballx front end the dmd will work properly.. I'm just wondering if there is a way where I can remove the dmd just for specific tables.. such as the fx2 tables because it just doesn't look or mesh well maybe Tom has a solution? If you see this post?.. maybe it's just not possible as of right now the only way to remove the dmd is to disable it in the pinballx settings and that turns it off for all tables

33964be56bb71d876ec748213875b0d5.jpg

Here's a good example.. the circus Voltaire backglass is just a png and it had simulated speakers and a dmd spot drawn onto the image.. the way I have the dmd located and the size of it gives a good effect in this example.. this is the reason why I would like to keep the dmd on some of my tables

Yeah, your trying to do a lot with one screen, trying to double it as a marquee and a backglass.  Sorry I couldn't get a solution for ya.

I appreciate the effort for sure.. I don't know how to tag people in the post on my phone but maybe this could be brought up to Tom as a tweak in a future update?

bcd6475458579d9b1c94bfbeedc0b678.jpg31cb0910984c57a74f6eaca136a7ceec.jpg

Kinda feel like bashing my head off the wall lol but that works.. squishes up the image a bit but the effect is achieved.. still would be nice to have the option to choose to display the dmd or not on specific tables but that would just be nit picking.. thanks for the help my friend hopefully my noobish issues have subsided for now lol