All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX Animation on PinDMD 3 disappeared

Totaltimo

Hello,

my PinballX (newest Version) doesn't show any more the PinballX-animation loop on my PinDMD 3. I can't say since when - maybe it has something to do with a re-installation of the .NET Framework. 

Maybe that's also the reason why the DMD doesn't reset (go black) any more when leaving a PinballFX2-table which uses PinDMD. The last frame remains as a still image when coming back from PFX2 to PinballX.

Does anybody know what to do? I already re-installed PBX but the effect remains.

Cheers

Timo

are you talking about the attract mode animations? for some odd reason my setup started to crash when my FP tables animations would start up.  The issue was the file format, i converted from mp4. to .avi and they started showing up again.

The lingering still frame issue is not just for pbfx2 it happens with the others as well.  I ended up using a script when closing to clear out the dmd as it was annoying to have the dmd freeze on a game that didnt use a real dmd.

Hi, thanks for your reply. No, I mean the loop animation of the "PinballX"-Logo that appears on the DMD as soon as I start PInballX. It doesn't show up any more. It seems as if PinballX itself can't reach my DMD any more. On the other hand, the PinMame-ROMs show up correctly while flipping throught the tables (but VPinMame is responsible for them, not PinballX).

OK, I found the error. My PinDMD3 and my pinball controller-board (PinControl1) both appeared as "PinDMD" in the device manager, but with different COM ports. I unplugged the PinDMD3, made a driver refresh for the PinControl1 (afterwards it appeared as "Arduino") and plugged in the PinDMD3 again. Now the PinDMD is being recognized again by PinballX and the animated logo shows up again.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] PinballX Animation on PinDMD 3 disappeared
  • Draco1962 locked this topic