All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Future Pinball Launch Parameters

BamBam963

I am currently using the following Future Pinball (BAM) launch parameters in my 3-screen cabinet.

[FuturePinball]
WorkingPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM
TablePath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables
Executable=FPLoader.exe
Parameters=/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM
FPRAMPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\fpRAM
LaunchBeforeEnabled=False
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
LaunchBeforeParameters=
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterExecutable=
LaunchAfterHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=False

I am successful in launching my FP table, but when I press the button assigned to exit the table and return to the PBX menu, nothing happens.  When I press the Escape key, I am brought back to the Windows 10 desktop, but PBX is not longer running.

I tested to see what happens to PBX after I launch Future Pinball by selecting the Task manager while Future Pinball is running.  From here I can see that PBX is not running any more.

It seems as though launching Future Pinball from within PBX totally kills PBX .

I have read several other threads and do not see this issue reported else where.

Is there something special that we need to do in Future Pinball to map exit buttons etc?

System:

Win10 64Bit

All programs setup to run as Admin. 

PinballX.ini

log.txt

i have quit and exit emulator assigned to Q.

Also ESC in the FP keys returns you to the FP editor.

Also you're PBX should not be shutting down, when i am in a FP table launched through vpx there's PBX forms sitting in the background behind the table.

I checked the task manager and PBX is definitely shut down.

Can someone who has FP working under PBX be kind enough to screen capture the following for me?

1. Future Pinball Key Settings

2. Pinball X Keyboard settings (or PBX.ini)

3. FB launch settings within PBX  (or PBX.ini)

Thanks

8 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Have you setup Future Pinball with BAM as shown in the following post, including the settings within Future Pinball?

Terry is my FP God.  That is how I set it all up.  FP works fine with all tables.  It is just when launched via PBX that the wheels fall off the bus.  I will compare my settings with the one below and see where I am at.  Thanks for all of the replies.

6 hours ago, Outhere said:

I only run Bam as admin and not future pinball

58fa09078a54b_Pinballxkeyssettings.jpg.f9d20756ba22d051fa55dc7125eb9aac.jpg

Future Pinball Key Settings.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Future Pinbal-4.jpg

Thank you good Sir.  I will compare them and see where I messed up.  BTW-What is the FutureDMD_Relay.exe for?

7 minutes ago, BamBam963 said:

Terry is my FP God.  That is how I set it all up.  FP works fine with all tables.  It is just when launched via PBX that the wheels fall off the bus.  I will compare my settings with the one below and see where I am at.  Thanks for all of the replies.

Yep, Terry is awesome. I used his directions for setup back in November. I see he may be back now?

there's a dll that you have not unblocked or a file you haven't given the correct rights.  After the launch line you have Access denied.  This is in my log after booting a FP table.

c:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx.exe table="C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables\spiderman  1.09 zed.fpt" close=1
15:29:21.2  4/21/2017:  C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM\FPLoader.exe /open "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables\spiderman  1.09 zed.fpt" /play /exit /arcaderender/STAYINRAM
15:31:32.5  4/21/2017:  C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx_FX2\DOFLinx Kill.exe 
15:31:39.7  4/21/2017:  Created DirectX BackGlass Window
15:31:39.7  4/21/2017:  Created DirectX DMD Window
15:31:39.7  4/21/2017:  Real DMD Intialized

Try this.....

1. Open an elevated PowerShell window. To do that, type powershell in your Start Menu/Cortana’s search box, right click on the first result and click on “Run as administrator”.

2a. Type in the following command and make sure to replace the appropriate paths with your own:

2b. If you want to unblock all files within a certain folder, use this command instead:

Get-childitem “full path of folder” | unblock-file

e.g.: Get-childitem “C:\Users\Adam\Desktop\AwesomeFolder” | unblock-file

Do this for the PBX, Future Pinball, and Bam root folders

Re-run and check your log to see if that access denied disappears, make sure all of your exe, are set to run as admin.

23 hours ago, rablack97 said:

Try this.....

1. Open an elevated PowerShell window. To do that, type powershell in your Start Menu/Cortana’s search box, right click on the first result and click on “Run as administrator”.

2a. Type in the following command and make sure to replace the appropriate paths with your own:

2b. If you want to unblock all files within a certain folder, use this command instead:

Get-childitem “full path of folder” | unblock-file

e.g.: Get-childitem “C:\Users\Adam\Desktop\AwesomeFolder” | unblock-file

Do this for the PBX, Future Pinball, and Bam root folders

Re-run and check your log to see if that access denied disappears, make sure all of your exe, are set to run as admin.

That must be it as I re-installed PBX last night. I will give the unblock a try.  Thank you.