All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

acdc PM5 crash in pinballx - try this

Koplings

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I never did get it working consistently through pinballx even though the topic is considered closed.  i've seen the various suggestions to recompile, rename roms,  etc.  but for me that was only a temporary fix - eventually started crashing again.  what I found was that it has something to do with B2s server.  for some reason for this table only when you tried to open it up through pinballx with b2s server on it often crashed but if you changed the script to vpinmame.controller it did not.

here is my "mcgyvered" solution:

1) change the script to vpinmame instead of b2s.server - basically turn b2s server off

2) uncheck the hide backglass box in the game manager and instead use a static image - you wont have a flashing backglass but for this table a static image is probably fine

3) copy and rename your PM5 executable to something else then put that in the doflinx.ini - at least you will get force feedback on the flippers which for this table is probably good enough given all the bass and music that drowns everything else out anyway

Basically that eliminates all the crashing permanently and gives you a 90% good enough solution with the missing bits hardly noticeable - I cant really tell that much now when I run it inside or outside of pinballx

better than your machine hanging up when your friends try acdc and you have to rush over and ctrl alt delete and reboot....kinda a drag

I know there is a vp10 version out but that's a whole other story