All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Topper Video Support

RustyCardores

1 hour ago, Tom Speirs said:

Its a different issue I think related to directx conflicts. It affects backglass and DMD too as far as I know. If it doesn't then let me know.

The backglass and dmd works, but I do not use BG or DMD videos after launching a table. What do you think I shuld try with directX?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-04-29 at 9:54 AM, Tom Speirs said:

Nothing I can do then sorry. Its a DirectX conflict. If you create an image though it will show and prioritize it over the video.

Is there something I can do to the DirectX conflict? 

Win7

DirectX 11.1

I5 2500K

GTX1050Ti-HDMI=46" Tablemonitor, Vga=DMD monitor, DVI=Topper Monitor.

Onboard Vga=Backglass Monitor.

8Gb ram

On 29-4-2017 at 9:21 AM, intakan said:

Updated to latest version and the topper video still doesn't show while playing... 

@intakan. : yesterday I experienced almost the same problem you have : BG and topper not playing video's anymore. (although I didn't try full screen/ no full screen option).

May-be read my post about it, I got it solved although it makes no sens how ... something strange about the windows numbering of monitors and the assignment in PBX.....   

May-be it can help you as well...

Awesome new feature that is working fantastic for me! (i use the Toppers for my dual middle screen)

I've added / created a whole bunch of video Toppers, and have made a video that shows them them off in Pinball X and VPX!

Movie trailers look great and work well too!

Great work Tom! Thanks again!

So, I finally got my media pretty much updated for this new topper feature for VPX, PFX2, and FP (DOFLinx and Led-Wiz tables so far).

- separate image / videos for the Topper screen for each system. These were cropped to fit my particular middle screen layout. They are mostly around 1366x400 30 fps.

- videos for DMDs for FP, VPX, PFX2

- DMDs for VPX and PFX2 are 1280x320 30 fps with the new crisp clean full coloured dots thanks to freezy (dmdext for PFX2) and pinmame's external dll feature.

- DMDs for FP are from FutureDMD with different colours, 1280x320 30 fps

- backglasse videos for PFX2 are from various sources throughout this community. Backglass videos / images for FP and VPX are recorded from the actual BG in game.

- wheel art for everything

- playfield videos for each system. All 1920x1080, 30 fps

- table sound files for each table....no audio embedded in any videos

- 70 PFX2 tables

- almost 100 VPX tables

- most of the FP DOFLinx (almost 40) and Led-Wiz tables (almost 20).  The 130+ other FP tables (no DOF) have some media, but need to be updated,etc...

They are all now on the GAMEEX FTP, under "/-PinballX-/Other Uploads/TerryRed/"

The new up to date FP files are in the "Future Pinball (Updated with Topper files)".  The up to date VPX media can be found in "Visual Pinball X". Pinball FX2 media is all up to date and in the "Pinball FX2" folder.

I will progressively add more FP and VP tables over time, but these were the newest versions of these tables that all have cabinet feedback.

When using multiple videos at the same time with Pinball X you really need to only have them run at 30 fps (or lower)...otherwise some of the videos will stutter. The ONLY exception is if you are playing only "ONE playfield video"....then it can be 60 fps.

Hope this is helpful to others, as it can save alot of time.....and now if my HDD dies again then I wont have to start over again..... :)

• Like 1

So this has grabbed my attention. I have the latest version (less than a week lol) and I dont see any references to topper in the settings (wizards hat). So my question is, how do I assign to a vacant monitor and can the image be rotated, resized etc?

I really want to see if its possible to do this (attachment) because currently, screen 3 is blank...and that sucks :)

3monitor.jpg

If you have the latest version, load up the Setup Wizard and go to the Display Settings page. Topper settings are under the DMD settings. You will also need to enable Topper within your various table databases either by manually editing them or editing via Games Manager.

On 27.4.2017 at 2:05 PM, intakan said:

When I Alt-Tab, Pbx topper is there but it's not showing on the topper when I select it. The refresh rate is set to 60 Hz on all screens and it is set to 1080 60Hz in vp exclusive full screen. 

I had the same problem.

My three displays were connected to my Geforce.

I have connected my display for the topper and the DMD to the internal graphic card.

Now it works for me.

The topper videos are playing in the ForceFullscreenMode under VPX.

12 hours ago, JFK said:

I had the same problem.

My three displays were connected to my Geforce.

I have connected my display for the topper and the DMD to the internal graphic card.

Now it works for me.

The topper videos are playing in the ForceFullscreenMode under VPX.

I have my topper connected to the internal graphics card by vga. I can't get the internal hdmi to work when I use the gtx1050 card. 

Hello Intakan,

I was forced to use my internal graphics card, because of the damage of my displayport2vga adapter.

The fact, that the videos work now, was only a nice side effect.

kds70 had problems with his DMD and did the following:

- Disable Desktop Composition

- start VPX as admin

- reinstall NetFramework 4.6.1

- activate Aero

- …

After these steps, his DMD works.

And his side effect was, that the topper videos work also.

Perhaps, one of this steps, can help you also

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-05-25 at 9:28 AM, JFK said:

Hello Intakan,

I was forced to use my internal graphics card, because of the damage of my displayport2vga adapter.

The fact, that the videos work now, was only a nice side effect.

kds70 had problems with his DMD and did the following:

- Disable Desktop Composition

- start VPX as admin

- reinstall NetFramework 4.6.1

- activate Aero

- …

After these steps, his DMD works.

And his side effect was, that the topper videos work also.

Perhaps, one of this steps, can help you also

I tried the above solutions and nothing works. Still no video when playing. I read this a couple of weeks ago but I thought I had already answered:) but apparently I hadn't.

I've run into this same issue with videos as opposed to images on my friends cab. He has an AMD chipset and since we've changed to a gtx770 videos do not show during play for toppers nor FX2. Only work around I've found is loading images. PBX plays videos on the wheel then it loads the static image for play. I have the exact build on my i7 with a gtx 970 and videos work all around.

I believe the issues are with the onboard video and pbx. Tom had responded to my post in saying images would be the way to go. Hope this helps in some way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the topper video support!  My only 'wish' is that we could have an option (by table) in pinballx of which 'media' to use for sound.  (options: table audio, pf, back, dmd, topper)

I like using movie/trailers for the topper video, but it won't play audio track from the topper (or dmd as well I believe).  I've ripped the just the audio from my topper videos and put them as table audio BUT almost always there's a delay between the audio and video startup so you get 'lip-synced' issues (ie 'audio-delay') ....

so I just have to mute my movie trailers for now....