All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[DEPRECATED - See GameEx/GameEx Arcade v14.78+] MAME XML Generator for PinballX

Draco1962

Nice discussion and progress that's taking place here :)

An idea to consider here is if a user creates there own file by copying and pasting sets from Categori.ini (similar to map files but without description) then some kind of software or plugin scans/parses this file and creates a compatible PBX XML that can be used to generate a game listing.

So lets say a user wants all the Shooter / Flying Vertical as well as the Fighter / Vertical in their PBX setup. It only takes seconds to C&P such a list but then it would be nice for a super simple way to get everything in the created listing to PBX XML format :)

• Like 1

Sorry to steal the fire but I just added this feature to GameEx. Now available.

Just update the MAME game list and it will create the XML files in DATA\PinballX.

It creates several lists but focuses on Vertical games. It just dumps whatever you have in GameEx so can create a very clean list depending on what filters you use.

• Thanks 1

• Draco1962 changed the title to [DEPRECATED - See GameEx/GameEx Arcade v14.78+] MAME XML Generator for PinballX

Your post as well as interest noted by a few others. Good feedback helps us keep the wheels of ingenuity and innovation turning!

By the way Tom, I confirmed that it generated the latest xml format for PinballX for all versions (All, Horizontal, MAME (which appears the same as Vertical) and Vertical. Great job and thanks again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adultery said:

Great, then my work here is done.

Thank you Adultery and Stigzler for your challenging of the concept and to B2K24 for his feedback.

11 hours ago, mace said:

Not sure if this was down to my post on the subject a few days ago but it's awesome community support. You all rock.

Beer on the house for the house, courtesy of @mace:cheers:

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2017 at 3:22 PM, Tom Speirs said:

Sorry to steal the fire but I just added this feature to GameEx. Now available.

Just update the MAME game list and it will create the XML files in DATA\PinballX.

It creates several lists but focuses on Vertical games. It just dumps whatever you have in GameEx so can create a very clean list depending on what filters you use.

Thank You so much Tom for adding this. It's very fun and convenient to jump back and forth from playing some Pinball and playing some MAME all using PBX :)

Now if someone could kick Circo into gear with getting */Official/Other/MAME Upscaled PinCab Vids* updated I will be a very happy man :)

I have to figure out now what can show on my 2nd backglass display while I'm playing a MAME game with PBX and what shows when I'm flipping though different games before launching.

Thank You again Tom :)

6 hours ago, B2K24 said:

I have to figure out now what can show on my 2nd backglass display while I'm playing a MAME game with PBX and what shows when I'm flipping though different games before launching.

I use the MAME HD Themes by CriticalCid for my backglass videos for MAME during my testing of this and they look great!

• Thanks 1