All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Mame.xml

mace

Hi All,

I've been using GameEx for some time on my upright and now I have a bit of time I would like to transfer the upright roms to my PinballX set up.

I can easily sort the vertical games out but to save a lot of time fiddling is there an easy way to get GameEx to export a mame.xml file for PinballX

I have Googled to no avail...

Unfortumately there isn't. However, I believe if you use the following search string via Google Search... site:www.gameex.info/forums mame.xml you will find the following thread:

This thread has 863 games (perfect and imperfect - parents only):

• Like 1

Well GameEx operates a bit differently than PinballX in how it uses .xml files.

Maybe someone with some programming chops could create an application that reads the GameEx MAME  dat files and database for the ROM names and game names, year, etc. and can assemble a PinballX mame.xml file accordingly. 

Would also be good for said application to allow for generating .xml files specifically for vertical, horizontal, or both of the user's choosing as well as name them as the user wishes.

I think that I will suggest this in the appropriate thread and see if someone takes the bait!

3 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Well GameEx operates a bit differently than PinballX in how it uses .xml files.

Maybe someone with some programming chops could create an application that reads the GameEx MAME  dat files and database for the ROM names and game names, year, etc. and can assemble a PinballX mame.xml file accordingly. 

I'd buy that person a beer!

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Mame.xml
  • Draco1962 locked this topic