All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Help: PBX and the dB2s not starting problem

vogliadicane

i haven't had any of these issues, that am aware of? Still on v2.29  Win 10 pro, i7-6700, 500gig Toshiba SSD, 2TB Toshiba 7200rpm, GTX1080. 40/28/DMDv3. I'll test more thoroughly on the next PBX release.

In VPX I am running "disable desktop composition", whatever the hell that means?

36 minutes ago, hlr53 said:

i haven't had any of these issues, that am aware of? Still on v2.29  Win 10 pro, i7-6700, 500gig Toshiba SSD, 2TB Toshiba 7200rpm, GTX1080. 40/28/DMDv3. I'll test more thoroughly on the next PBX release.

In VPX I am running "disable desktop composition", whatever the hell that means?

Although not obvious at first, this topic is related to when using VPX in full screen exclusive mode. Which your probably not doing I expect.

Hey guys,

I was having the same issues as some of you once I switch VPX to run in exclusive fullscreen.  I needed to switch to excl. fullscreen since there are an increasing number of awesome tables that gave my system ball stuttering when VPX was running in windowed mode.

When I tried Tom's exe from his post above at 3:30pm and then changed FsWaitTime in the registry from 1368 to 0, that did the trick!  I'm not sure if it was the exe and changing FsWaitTime but it's working and that is great!  

I'll do more testing, but for now, all db2s backglasses seem to be loading okay from PinballX.  I had a couple of tables (Addams Family and Gold version) that didn't load, but then I swapped out my existed db2s files for those tables with other ones.  That did the trick and those are now loading as well.

If it was the FsWaitTime in the registry, great find.  Of all the searching I've done, I never came across that as a suggestion before Tom mentioned it above.

Thanks again, Tom!

13 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Although not obvious at first, this topic is related to when using VPX in full screen exclusive mode. Which your probably not doing I expect.

Ahhh... OK, my bad. Never knew the different video modes in VPX existed. I just did a default install.

I can understand the timing issue problems with the different number of PC monitors, type of TV monitors (Mine has a gaming mode), OS type,

mobo type, GPU type and GPU driver type, etc, etc......

I typically way over-spec my PCs for the tasks at hand, which tend to minimize a lot of problems, albeit making it more expensive than it has to be. I learned this over 30 years of gaming.

Doing a knowledge search this AM for my own edification. This was discussed back in the middle of 2016.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=34672&hl=focus&page=4

Thanks!

Harry