All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Help: PBX and the dB2s not starting problem

vogliadicane

@Tom lol, it takes MUCH more, before I *hate* somebody,  I was only disapointed, because people with the problem discuss this here, at VPF and facebook and you might be the only one, who has all the knowledge, but are silent. So, no bad feelings anymore, ok?

Well, I disabled auto configure and yes it is because of true fullscreen, but I and others need that to avoid stutter.

What most of us think and me too is, that PBX doesn't give VPX enough time to completely start and load a table, because it happens with those of bigger file sizes.

And the solution or better suitable workaround is here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=37607#entry376697

In short:
- create a custom system in PBX
- set it up like PBX but use "custom system"
- transfer all problematic tables from the Visua Pinball.xml to the new xml
- transfer all media to the new locations

No worries, but I can only know about something once I hear about it. I don't search the internet on a daily basis looking for issues with VPX regarding PinballX.

Last I heard the VPX full screen exclusive issues were resolved. I was involved in those discussions. I never heard more about it. It seems there is a simple workaround for the odd tables it affects. I would just use the workaround until I have more time to mess with VPX myself.

I've looked into the focus issue. It may well be that I dropped the ball on it but I really didn't know there was an outstanding issue here. It's probably come up but people were probably just too eager just to get the workaround going then help me address the problem as shown above.

Anyway, please try the attached updated exe and let me know if it makes any difference.

PinballX.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cool, for me the new exe works! I only tested for one formerly problematic table, but I think you found the bug. Thanks a lot.

And btw, I suggested in some thread rather long ago, where people discussed some weired workaround, if it wouldn't be better to address this to you directly and was told, that you already know about this, which was obviously not true.

That's probably where the confusion started, so apologies.

@vogliadicane - I have probably made a similar note in another thread asking people to post workarounds or issues that are the result of running via PinballX here as opposed to the myriad of other forums. While some of us are members of these forums, we do not seek to troubleshoot PinballX issues there. Much the same logic of taking my M1 Abrams tank to Boeing Aircraft for a problem with the drive train. No help is going to happen in that scenario.

true, I'm pretty sure it was somewhere here and as I wrote I suggested to ask Tom directly... Maybe I find the one I mean again.

Edit: found the thread again, and no it was not here. Anyways, don't know, what thread "in the gamex forum" he's referring to...

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2869-b2s-server-new-feature-aspect-ratio/?do=findComment&comment=33275

Hi Tom ... you did the trick. Your patched pinballx.exe works fine for me and fixed the problem ... thanks. I´m happy now. Thank yooooooou - happy easter :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, vogliadicane said:

true, I'm pretty sure it was somewhere here and as I wrote I suggested to ask Tom directly... Maybe I find the one I mean again.

Edit: found the thread again, and no it was not here. Anyways, don't know, what thread "in the gamex forum" he's referring to...

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2869-b2s-server-new-feature-aspect-ratio/?do=findComment&comment=33275

OK so bottom line your beef wasn't with Tom but with someone else on the other forum referencing something that is in a thread here somewhere. Nothing I can see worth getting worked up over.

1 hour ago, vogliadicane said:

just tried to explain, what was happening. The rest is on you...

I'm pretty sure, Tom can handle himself, if my "beef wasn't with Tom". If, it was at all.

Calm down, I am on your side here! Let's move on to the subject at hand.

Are all the tables you had a problem with working now?

"The rest is on you" Nice! 

I don't know who he's calling out then. I thought it was Tom, or maybe me! But, I'm just relaying how I originally worked around the issue. Task Manager, custom system launcher, etc.

I can't test anything at the moment. My playfield TV in my cab crapped out a couple of months ago. I have too little time and too little money to fix anything right now. 

Mmmmh, thanks for the patch Tom ... thougt yesterday all is working now. Most Tables are ok now with starting the backglass if launched from PBX with your patch. But the new taxi and nascar VPX table didn´t start the backglass.

this taxi table i mean for example:

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/taxi-williams-1988/

or this nascar: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12728

if setup as "custom" system in PBX it works  but not as VP System.

@Draco: no worries..

Ok, Nascar and Taxi are starting corretly for me (btw still using the PBX.exe from above not the official update), will try out all tables soon.

Funny observation: Taxi does NOT start anymore from the custom system, so @kds70 are you sure you transferred it back to the VP system?

47 minutes ago, vogliadicane said:

Final results for me: all tables formerly problematic start correctly now from the VP system. No problems anymore.

@Draco: completely misunderstod te "beef" part (not a native speaker) ;)

Good news that all is working well now. Beef is American slang for having an issue with someone. Hard to know what translates well to where some times.

ok cool now that we've hugged it out......let's see if we can fix this problem.

I have same problem as @kds70

Taxi and Nascar will not show up in VP mode with the new .exe Tom posted for me either.

They only show up in custom mode.

Question for @vogliadicane are you putting all VP tables under visual pinball and using the altexe in the xml.  I have my VPX under custom so i wouldnt have to update the xml for alternate vp9 exe's.

Also for anyone using the backglass and playfield recorder, you have to put the setting back to VP mode in order for it to find your XML.

I wonder if that's why all of yours works.

The trigger for me is the system type under other systems, if this is custom all is well, if switched to visual pinball the back-glasses won't show up for certain games.

I added Diablo, Taxi, and Nascar today, all of them consistently showed up if the system type was custom, if i switched it to VP they all came up with a black screen.

3 hours ago, rablack97 said:

I added Diablo, Taxi, and Nascar today, all of them consistently showed up if the system type was custom, if i switched it to VP they all came up with a black screen.

100% agree - the same at my system. But - in my system - DIablo starts as a VP System normally with it´s backglass :blink: