All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAME emulator .map file

Alan Ribas

Is there somewhere inside the GameEx folder that I can get the MAME .map file?
I know the path of .map files is, at least on my computer: C: \ GameEx \ MAP FILES "

It turns out that when configuring this emulator in "GameEx Menu Editor", I can choose in the "Item Type" tab, the option "MAME" or the option that I created called "Arcade".
The problem is that when I choose the option "Arcade" the names of the roms are not configured. Appearing the real names of the files.

While the option "MAME" could not do that once choosing this system within the gameex I can already see the list of games. It is always necessary for me to choose the MAME system, then go to the screen where we have to choose between types of games like:
Horizontal games
Vertical games
CPS Games

etc...

I wanted that once chosen the MAME system already appeared the list of games, instead of choosing the system, then having to choose the type of game to only then enter the list of MAME games.  In short, is there a way to go right through the "all Mame games" part?

If someone owns the file ".map" of the MAME system also serves !!!

I know the reason may sound stupid, but it really bothers me .... :ph34r:

I think I should have some degree of obsessive compulsive disorder !!!:lol:

12 hours ago, tthurman said:

Check this out and see if it helps you.

What @tthurman said.

I understand what you want, but you really can't get this kind of list without auditing your own collection. Even then you'd have to be really specific on your parameters, and you'd have to do it multiple times. Believe me, I've gone down this road before and wasted many hours of my life before i realised it's just too much of a niche and too personal for one person to take on.

In the end i was very grateful of the in-built filters of GameEx when it comes to MAME, and i have used them religiously ever since! B)

Bear in mind, you can always make manual lists for MAME that can portray anything you like, from "Top Ten's" to "Family Fave's". Just follow this guide.

1 hour ago, DazzleHP said:

What @tthurman said.

I understand what you want, but you really can't get this kind of list without auditing your own collection. Even then you'd have to be really specific on your parameters, and you'd have to do it multiple times. Believe me, I've gone down this road before and wasted many hours of my life before i realised it's just too much of a niche and too personal for one person to take on.

In the end i was very grateful of the in-built filters of GameEx when it comes to MAME, and i have used them religiously ever since! B)

Bear in mind, you can always make manual lists for MAME that can portray anything you like, from "Top Ten's" to "Family Fave's". Just follow this guide.

Thank you for the advice! I think I'll take it.