All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] HowTo: PinballX and Pin2DMD?

hugofant

Hello everybody,

i'm using my VPin since a while with a 3 monitor setup succesfully. No I've decided to replace the DMD Monitor with a Pin2DMD.

VPinMame and Visual Pinball are working well in the meantime (also DMDext test), but PinballX "refuses" talking to it.....I've copied XDMD, XDMDnative and DMDdevice.dll from the integration folder of Pin2DMDmaster to root directory of PinballX, but neither it's showing the startupvideo nor the DMD Videos (AVI) from the "Real DMD Clor Video" folder (have tried with physical filename of table and also description). Also pictures from the "Real DMD Color Images" folder are'nt shown.

I've no idea what else to change or how it can be debuged...hope somebody could give me a hint/tip.

thanks in advance and best regards

Roman

p.s.: i'm using latest firmware (2.38)

It really should be plug and play. No need to copy over other files. I developed XDMD too and its included with Pinballx. That is what is likely causing the problem.

Is your DMD working otherwise. It really should "just work" with PinballX if it is installed properly in windows.

Hi again,

a "fresh" PinballX installation (without copying any files afterwards) still doesn't show any video, but there's a pindmd_log.txt file with an actual time stamp and following info:

locating device:        fail()

creating connection: fail ()

as PIN2DMD is still working well in VisualPinball, i think it can't be an error of cable connection or driver....

best regards

Roman