All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Black Widow

13 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

But you still start with 0 points, so it makes no sense to not start at the beginning.

You get a bonus for killing certain enemies. With highest one selectable you can beat no. 1 with only a few stages beaten. 

I don't care which difficulty you select.  We're just a friendly community competition here.  Whatever you think will help you, go for it.  We just don't want any cheaters.  TwinGalaxies doesn't have any specific limitations to what level/difficulty you use other than the DIP settings.  We try to stay with their rules since it's a good way to make sure we're all using the same settings.

Wow, so you did that by starting at a higher difficulty and only completing 2 stages?  Not bad!

The image is a bit hard to read (not your fault).  Is it 147,300 or 147,800?  Unless you say otherwise (legitimately!) I'll go with 147,300.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 1 month later...

Yeah, seems like cheating and an unfair advantage.  Too bad I had no experience to back up the decision.  No biggie.  If it works out for people to use a higher level starting point, then so be it.  I'll try posting a new score with the higher start level soon too.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Updated...

And may I say.. a HUGE improvement!!  You went from last place to 2nd place, and almost tripled your previous score!  Way to go bud!

In other news... sorry updates have been non-existent this past month.  I had my long awaited hernial surgery and have been slowly recovering.  I was originally supposed to have this done a while ago.  Back in January I had a rupture but wasn't able to get it looked at in detail because I had just begun recovery from a nasty C-Diff infection last year.  They had to wait at least 6 weeks before they could do anything.  So middle of February comes and they get me in for a CT scan.  Then 2 weeks later I had the followup where I was diagnosed with 2 new hernias officially, and surgery would take place in another week.  YET, here comes COVID-19.  One of my co-workers that work in the Produce department was able to get in for his "nearly" identical surgery just 3 days before the lockdown.  I, unfortunately had to wait.  They suspended all selective surgeries, which this was categorized as.  So I suffered, with a ruptured previous hernia repair, and 2 new hernias.  FINALLY, come May 5th, I had my surgery.  They were able to do a quick fix of the rupture, which apparently wasn't as bad as it felt. They also repaired and meshed up the 2 new guys.  Turns out, the PAINFUL hernia I had was related to the new one.  What had happened, the original hernia that was repaired LAST January 2019 had a mesh installed and a new hernia popped out right next to the edge of the mesh.  The other hernia was located up above my belly button and it was the one that hurt.  All told, the surgery went fine, I slept through it, woke up and it was done.  I was able to move enough to get dressed and get home.  Then I crashed in bed for like 4 days, hardly moving.  Rolling over hurt, sitting up hurt, and going to the bathroom was killer.  But that's because the tissues and what not had not healed yet.  At this point today, the pain is gone, but I know I'm still not  fully recovered.  I'm returning to work next week, with limited lifting restrictions.  Everybody at work "misses me" but I think they just miss my work and my help, not me personally, but I can hope right? :)  Anyway, I should be hopefully back to keeping the high score tables updated!

• Like 1