All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Can't change language in setup wizard

jukker

I can't change the language in the setup wizard of GameEx or GameEx AE (both version 14.76).

Version number of the setup wizard is 3.03. If i try to change the language setting, there is a window

refresh for a second or so, but then nothing had happened. It doesn't matter if i start the wizard

as admin or not. Other settings can be changed.

The logfile of the wizard just contains one line:

26.03.2017 21:12:18: Setup Wizard 3.0.3

@jukker Tom is referring to the six icons that are always displayed at the bottom of the window of the Setup Wizard. The icon to the far right (looks kind of like two dialogue bubbles, one with an asterisk) is the language icon. This icon does work to change the language.

Evidentally the radio buttons on the TEXT/LANGUAGE page are not working as intended and will have to be fixed. It did the same thing for me as you described: when a different langauge is selected using the radio button, the data in the fields clears from the screen for a few moments and then reappears. The radio selection and text in the fields reverts back to the original language that was active before the selection.

As a general rrule, it is best to supply these two files when reporting any errors or issues with GameEx, as often times we will need to see them. Since the issues is resolved, no need at this time.