All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

disabling "by category" "by developer" etc top menu?

8trek

I am a registered paying member with everything setup the way i want, custom menu, theme, with one exception can't figure out.  Interface mode is set to normal.  Changing this mode removes most of my custom stuff.  I would like to remove the top menu displayed in mame games that show things like "by category" "by developer", etc.... basically don't want the user (aka friends) from getting into those menus by going left or right.... only want them to go up or down, or back button.... realize i could adjust joystick settings so left and right don't work or do something else... but would rather just not have those top menus all together.  Going into those menus can get folks lost if they don't know what they are doing.  Trying to idiot proof my setup.

is this possible?  thanks.

Hello Tom,

i've already tried the simple mode but the problem is the interface i took the time to setup the way i want it also changes.... more specifically, the backgrounds go away and the wheel style selector is replaced with a simple list.... among other differences.... can this be changed in "simple mode"?

Note that I've also made this request in the Features & Enhancement Requests thread, and would very much like this as well.  Simple mode is too simple.  I like this menu in some lists but not in others.