All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

emubak.png displaying in place of emulator background images

Alan Ribas

Can you help me with this doubt?
Recently I discovered the existence of a file that until previous moments I had not realized that existed.
Within each theme we can choose for the gameex program, there is a file inside the "MEDIA" folder, called "emubak.png". I recently added new background screens for each of the video game systems that run on the gameex.
But when I press ALT + ENTER the theme of the system I entered disappears and the image of the file named "emubak.png" appears.
What is this file? And why does it appear in place of the other image I chose after I press ALT + ENTER?:huh:

Hey Alan, in the future, if you have a new question please create a new thread. We appreciate it because It makes things easier in a number of ways. Maybe one of the higher admins will move your post ot a new thread, but in the meantime...

The emubak.png is the background that is used for Steam (and I believe uPlay and Origin).

In my experience, GameEx sometimes displays the incorrect background is usually a video related issue, such as when a resolution change occurs (and something doesn't work out right when switching) or video memory is too low to do all the stuff GameEx is trying to do. I was also able to replicate this with my setup to some degree (wiuth resolution switching), so it may indeed be a bug.

I should ask, what is the reason for using ALT+ENTER?