All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

To Those With Visual Pinball Set Up in GameEx

Greego

I decided to just start building a pincab altogether separate from my main GameEx arcade cabinet. I have an old PC running Windows 8 that I wasn't using so thought this would be great to set up Visual Pinball (VP) on. Before I get building the cabinet, I want to set up VP on the PC first. I have tried the standard Gameex setup which is not working. Can some of you guys send me your config for your VP set up? The more, the merrier...

Since it is designed more specifically for pincabs and has integrations for the main pinball programs (VP, Future Pinball, Pinball FX2, etc.) I would say that is more than just one benefit.

11 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Since it is designed more specifically for pincabs and has integrations for the main pinball programs (VP, Future Pinball, Pinball FX2, etc.) I would say that is more than just one benefit.

Well, let me ask you this:

In your experience here, which one has been easier to setup for players?

Even before I had a dedicated pincab, I used PinballX on my desktop PC. Go through the FAQ section, there is a guide (not quite up to date but very strong on the basics to get you started).

As with everything in this hobby, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with and get the emulator up and running first outside of the frontend, then configure the frontend and go from there.

+1 for Pinball X. I have GameEx and Pinball X both on the same PC. Pinball X is a lot easier to setup in general, and definitely easier for VP. You can use Adultery's Launcher-X to choose between the two at startup if you'd like both on your PC. I just have a wireless keyboard hooked up that I use to fire up whichever one I want to use.