All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Running gameex with antimicro

Alan Ribas

Good people ....... I decided to use the mapping of keyboard and mouse buttons, the so-called "antimicro". I have already done the mapping and the files with the controls settings are ready.
But I have no idea what command line to use to get the antimicro program started with the proper configuration for the video game I chose to play.
Could you tell me how to do this?

Ps. I've tried XPADDER but it just does not work on my computer. I already had what I could, even trigger the developer of the program. My current choice is for "antimicro".

I read the file that gave me adultery. As I do not understand much about command lines I will go through trial and error, until I complete the appropriate command line for what I want.

Initially I decided to add only the address of the executable file:

Before launching:   D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe

However with the above command line added the program opens, but the emulator does not start. It is necessary to close the antimicro, and only then will the emulator start. In summary, gameex is waiting for the antimicro program to close to continue the process of opening the emulator.

Usage: antimicro [options] [profile]

Options:
-h, --help                     Print help text.
-v, --version                  Print version information.
--tray                         Launch program in system tray only.
--no-tray                      Launch program with the tray menu disabled.
--hidden                       Launch program without the main window
                               displayed.
--profile <location>           Launch program with the configuration file
                               selected as the default for selected
                               controllers. Defaults to all controllers.
--profile-controller <value>   Apply configuration file to a specific
                               controller. Value can be a
                               controller index, name, or GUID.
--unload [<value>]             Unload currently enabled profile(s).
                               Value can be a controller index, name, or GUID.
--startSet <number> [<value>]  Start joysticks on a specific set.
                               Value can be a controller index, name, or GUID.
-d, --daemon                   Launch program as a daemon.
--log-level (debug|info)       Enable logging.
--eventgen (xtest|uinput)      Choose between using XTest support and uinput
                               support for event generation. Default: xtest.
-l, --list                     Print information about joysticks detected by
                               SDL.
--map <value>                  Open game controller mapping window of selected
                               controller. Value can be a controller index or
                               GUID.

I've tried all these command lines:

D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe --tray

D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe --hidden --tray

D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe --tray

In all cases the antimicro program opens, but the emulator keeps waiting for it to close.:huh:

I know I'm abusing to ask this but does anyone who understands these command lines could show me what I'm doing wrong? And help me make this program work together with the gameex?

I don't use antimicro, but from what I have read just now:

• You need to create a profile for the program (or emulator) that the key binds will be used for.
  • Antimicro must remain open and the profile active for the key binds to work.
  • Once Antimicro is closed, the keybinds become inactive.
  • One thing I noticed in your quote above is that the profile is loaded for all controllers unless you set a controller value. If you plan to run with more than one controller it sound slike you will need to figure out how to identify your controllers by the controller index, name, or GUID. Obviously using the name is very easy IF your controller show up in the device manager with different names.

Your command line should probably look more like this (although this is just an educated guess):
    D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe --tray --profile "D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\Profiles\Project64.ampg"
This should load the Project64 profile (which you will need to create) and display antimicro in the system tray.

You could also create a command line to unload the current profile when you are done:
    D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe --tray --unload

There are a few tutorials on youtube. You might want to check them out.

Many thanks for the RedDog help. I copied the command line that passed me and I made the change in the address of the files and the program normally opened together with the emulator !! Thank you very much!

The command line looks like this:

D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe --tray --profile "D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\Profiles\NINTENDO (1 Jogador).ampg"

But the above command line worked only when I entered the following command line in the "also launch" field:

D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\Arquivos (BAT)\NINTENDO.bat 

The NINTENDO.bat file has the following statement:

Start "" "D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (1 Jogador).amgp"

With this control # 1 is loaded normally. But my goal is to load all 4 joysticks together. I tried to add more instructions to the NINTENDO.bat file, thus leaving:

"D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (1 Jogador).amgp"
"D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (2 Jogador).amgp
"D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (3 Jogador).amgp"
"D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (4 Jogador).amgp"

And I got as a result only the operation of the 4th control. It seems that the commands overwrite one another, leaving only control number 4 active.
I opened the antimicro program and really, although the controls.

This tutorial you mentioned, can you pass me the link? I searched here on youtube but did not find anything in relation to the antimicro program with command lines.

Before developing the xpadder plugin, what was the command line to allow xpadder to load several different control settings at the same time?

Could someone tell me?
Maybe this will give me an idea of how to build a correct command line for the "AntiMicro" program.

Reading about the antimicro program command lines shown above, I understand that the command line I should use to give each control a different configuration is this here:

--profile-controller <value>   Apply configuration file to a specific
                               controller. Value can be a
                               controller index, name, or GUID.

Just not very clear to me what to put in the "Value" field. If for example I put the name of the file, example: "Nintendo 1". As the program will know that the settings contained in "Nintendo 1" should be brought to controller 1; That the file "Nintendo 2" should integrate the controller 2, and so on ???:huh:

2 hours ago, Alan Ribas said:

And I got as a result only the operation of the 4th control. It seems that the commands overwrite one another, leaving only control number 4 active.

Yeah, I mentioned that above. if you look at the notes of the 'profile' parameter, it says "Defaults to all controllers", which means that when you activate a profile, it will be applied to all controllers. So, if you activate 4 profiles in succession and do not specify a controller to activate them for, that profile will be active for all of them. The 'profile-controller' parameter says you can single out a specific controller by it's name, controller index, or GUID (global unique identifier). It sounds like you will need to figure out how to ID your controllers so that you can use the 'profile-controller' parameter to assign it to a specific controller. You will probably end up with four command lines that look something like this:
    D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe --tray --profile "D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\Profiles\NINTENDO (1 Jogador).ampg" --profile-controller

I have no idea what a controller index is and I did not find anything on it with a quick google search. I found this post on how to find a GUID for a piece of hardware, but when I looked the GUID for the two XBoxOne controllers I have, they are the same. You are probably going to have to find a forum where people are talking about antimicro to see how to assign a profile to a specific device.

As for the you tube tutorials, I was referring to antimicro tutorials in general, not command line tutorials. It sounded like you might need a bit more of an understanding on how to use the program.

Understanding Command Lines is a different subject and not specific to just antimicro. Many, many programs allow for command line usage. For instance, when you set up an emulator in GameEx's Setup Wizard, you are giving it the information it needs to construct the command line that will run the emulator. If you want to use programs that use command lines, it is probably best to find some basic tutorials on the web. It is not something I want to teach in a forum. Otherwise, your best bet is to try and find another forum where they are talking about antimicro and see what advice they can give.

I just don't think there are too many people here who know about this program...but who knows, if you wait a bit, maybe someone will come along.   X

I ran into the same issue pulling the GUID for 360 pads. They're all the same. You'll need to use the index, which I believe is the Device ID under Control Panel > Controllers. I'd have to look at my code but I'm pretty sure that's how I wrote my Xpadder hook that identifies specific controllers. I have a small app that displays all your controller info if you click a button, not sure if I still have it laying around.

People just curious. I signed up for a forum called "Rocket Launcher". There I've read several posts from people with the same problem as mine with XPADDER. Exactly the same problem.

I thought I was alone in this world but I can see that it is not..:lol:

I will post here the answer I received from one of the developers:

Hello,

I have forgotten a good amount about how antimicro works internally but I can try to help you out. It looks like this case could be handled but it would require a little bit of work. You can specify different profiles to load per controller when you launch antimicro using a few flags. The --profile-controller flag would be used to specify which controller a loading rule should apply to. The flag can accept a controller index, a controller name, or the GUID of a controller in order to set a rule for a specific controller. The recommended input value to use would be the GUID corresponding to a specific controller. The exposed GUID of a controller can be obtained in antimicro by opening the Properties window from the main menu.

The next flag that is needed is --profile. You specify the location of the profile that you want to load and that profile will be loaded into the program for the specified controller.

In order to add multiple rules for loading different profiles per controller, the --next flag is needed in order to add multiple profile loading rules when launching the program.

An example of loading multiple profiles for controllers could look like the following:

C:\antimicro.exe --profile-controller 1 --profile C:\profile1.gamecontroller.amgp --next --profile-controller 2 --profile C:\profile2.gamecontroller.amgp --next --profile-controller 3 --profile C:\profile3.gamecontroller.amgp --next --profile-controller 4 --profile C:\profile4.gamecontroller.amgp

I hope that this helps you out a little bit. You can always check out the current GitHub page for the project in order to get some additional help.
But I tried to replicate what happened to me and I did not succeed. When I create the command line based on the information it gave me nothing happens. I played this command line in a .bat file. When I try to run it an error message appears, stating that windows can not find the path. I'm going to give you my real data that I'm working on and you'll only let me know if the information you entered is correct:
.................................................. ...........................................
Location of the antimicro program:

D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe
.................................................. ..........................................
Location where the controls are configured:

D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\

Inside this folder I have these four control files configured:
NINTENDO (1 Jogador).amgp
NINTENDO (2 Jogador).amgp
NINTENDO (3 Jogador).amgp
NINTENDO (4 Jogador).amgp

With all this information the correct command line to be written would be:

D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe --profile-controller 1 --profile D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (1 Jogador).amgp --next --profile-controller 2 --profile D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (2 Jogador).amgp --next --profile-controller 3 --profile D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (3 Jogador).amgp --next --profile-controller 4 --profile D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (4 Jogador).amgp

I sent this message up to him to see if he identifies the problem. If anyone here could see my mistake please let me know. Well, I tried everything I could but I failed.

Part of the problem solved. It was just adding quotes to the path where the controls are configured. The command line looks like this:

D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\antimicro.exe --tray --profile-controller 1 --profile "D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (1 Jogador).amgp" --next --profile-controller 2 --profile "D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (2 Jogador).amgp" --next --profile-controller 3 --profile "D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (3 Jogador).amgp" --next --profile-controller 4 --profile "D:\Jogos\AntiMicro\CONTROLES CONFIGURADOS\NINTENDO (4 Jogador).amgp"

The only problem now is that the antimicro program starts and the emulator does not. I have to close the antimicro window for the emulator to start. Strange that I added the command "--tray". He thought it was he who made the antimicro program start but did not stay in front of the emulator.

Can anybody help me there? I do not know what to do again. I have already discussed several combinations of command lines.

cleardot.gif