All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] How do you delete the update to avoid the update message?

Greego

As stated in another closed thread, after re-installing Windows and GameEx, I took my PC offline that runs Gameex in order to avoid any updates form Windows, Gameex, etc,. However, every time I load up Gameex, it notifies me that an update is available and it asks me if I would like to perform the update. Well, I am satisfied with my current setup and won't be updating anything on that PC for as long as I can help it. I am currently running GameEx 14.70.

I assume that when I re-installed GameEx, somehow, the information regarding a new update and the update itself (GameEx 14.75 update, I'm sure) was embedded in the setup. I also assume that the update is actually hiding in the bushes of my hard drive waiting to be activated so it may not matter that machine is offline.

So now I guess this message plans to tap me on the shoulder every time I boot up GameEx for the next 10 years. I have other plans...please tell me how I can disable this update message. There have been a few times that I hit 'Enter' by mistake (Or it did itself) and the update started proceeding and I had to hurry and hit the power switch on my power strip to shut down everything in order to avoid the update.