All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Has anyone used a ledwiz+gp as a controller for PBX?

fwiler

I accidentally ordered an ledwiz+gp instead of just an ledwiz32.

I thought why not try the ledwiz+gp for input sense I already have it. Come to find out that it is a game controller instead of a keyboard encoder, which presents various issues.

I'm running VPX, Future Pinball, FX2, Mame, and may try Pinball Arcade.

Is it worth trying to get ledwiz+gp setup correctly with PBX.  Or should I scrap the idea and just get an i-pac?

If anyone has set this up, any insights would be helpful.  I've looked at various programs like xpadder, joy2key, etc., but all seem to have bugs when running multiple applications through a front end.

Pinballx has native support for gamepad/joystick buttons as long as the hardware is compatible with windows.

Everything else to support the emulators can be worked around.

X360ce for gamepad to x-box 360 support

Antimicro is a freeware, open source gamepad to key emulator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.  I will try these out.  My old x-arcade encoder went south which is why I'm trying this.  I have a feeling though, I'll end up getting a keyboard encoder again anyway, just because almost all guides and settings are built around keyboard.

As an update, Antimicro worked perfectly for the 12 buttons and joystick I have.  Thanks Carney_Priest!

For Mame I did have to select 1 for joystick in the mame.ini, and then assign the buttons by hitting Tab and then go to Input General.  Mame didn't respond to mapped keys, which may have something to do with having a keyboard already hooked up.

In VPX I did have to change one setting for right flipper.  It had one of the joystick buttons set for tilt, so just changed the button assignment.