All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball Games & Arcade Game in PinballX independient

PcTeknic

I would like to use PinballX as Visual frontend, FX2, MAME, etc, but separately and I do not know which would be the correct way.

1- Several installations in different folders, PinballX with the original configuration, VisualX only with Visual enabled, MAMEX only with MAME enabled, etc.

2- Copy the contents of PinballX into a new folder and make the new configuration without installing several times.

3- I do not know if you can create several settings.ini, like settings.ini with the original configuration, visual.ini, PinballFX2.ini, MAME.ini and create some shortcuts each with a command that indicates that you have to open PinballX But with the configuration of MAME.ini so that only MAME left to give an example.

To manage our games, when we have a cabinet that we use for both Virtual Pinball and Arcade Games we have several options.

1- Integrate all games in single frontend like PinballX and put it to boot with Windows.

This has its advantages because you save on disk space and configurations.

It also has its drawbacks since you will not be able to have different intros for Pinball or Arcade games or with the translations (I field the blank rename).

In this video we already saw how to integrate MAME along with the Pinball Games in the PinballX frontend.

--------------------------------------------------------

Para gestionar nuestros juegos, cuando tenemos una cabinet que usamos tanto para Pinball Virtual como para Juegos Arcade tenemos varias opciones.

1- Integrar todos los juegos en único frontend como PinballX y ponerlo para que arranque con Windows.

Esto tiene sus ventajas ya que ahorras en espacio en el disco y en configuraciones.

También tiene sus inconvenientes ya que no podrás tener intros distintas para los juegos de Pinball o Arcade o con las traducciones (yo el campo tables lo renombro en blanco).

En este vídeo ya vimos como integrar MAME junto con los Juegos de Pinball en el frontend PinballX.

2- Management through shortcut icons

To manage it through shortcuts, in addition to preparing a desktop background to 1920 × 1920 so that centered post shows what we are interested in each monitor and explanation, we will have to create a profile of Joy2Key for Windows, where we will assign a button To "left click" (go to the desktop) and another to "enter".

-------------------------------

2- Gestión mediante iconos de acceso directo

Para gestionarlo mediante accesos directos, además de prepararnos un fondo de escritorio a 1920×1920 de manera que puesto centrado muestre lo que nos interesa en cada monitor y la explicación, habrá que crear un perfil de Joy2Key para Windows, en la que asignaremos un botón para “clic izquierdo” (ir al escritorio) y otro para “enter” (ejecutar).

Fondo2017iconos.jpg

In this case in PinballX I have left only Visual and I copied the folder PinballX inside MAME, in that new folder you can make a new configuration to leave only MAME, the rest of Medias or databases are not necessary, although the databases folders should remain , Even if they are empty, otherwise PinballX will not boot.

The same procedure you can do with the other games that you want to manage with PinballX, so you can have another configuration and video of Intro for Pinball FX2 for example.

--------------------------------------------

En este caso en PinballX he dejado solo Visual y he copiado la carpeta PinballX dentro de MAME, en esa nueva carpeta puedes hacer una nueva configuración para dejar solo MAME, el resto de Medias o databases no son necesarias, aunque las carpetas de databases deberán permanecer, aunque sea vacías, ya que de lo contrario PinballX no arranca.

Ese mismo procedimiento lo puedes hacer con el resto de juegos que quieras gestionar con PinballX, con lo que puedes tener otra configuración y vídeo de Intro para Pinball FX2 por poner un ejemplo.

3- Using the keyboard shortcuts.

For this to work, in addition to preparing a desktop background that shows which button you have to press to run each game, you have to prepare the shortcuts with those keyboard shortcuts and the Joy2Key profile for Windows assigning those key combinations to each button .

---------------------------------------

3- Mediante los métodos abreviados de teclado.

Para que esto funcione, además de prepararnos un fondo de escritorio que muestre que botón hay que apretar para ejecutar cada juego, hay que preparar los accesos directos con esos atajos de teclado y el perfil de Joy2Key para Windows asignando esas combinaciones de teclas a cada botón.

Fondo2017Docklets.jpg

This makes it simpler because by pressing a single button you execute each game.

----------------------------------------------------

Esto hace que sea más sencillo ya que pulsando un solo botón ejecutas cada juego.

• Thanks 1