All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ideal Controller For Everything

Doctor Doom

Hi Guys,

So I have had a new gaming pc and was wondering what the best controller would be to use ie. for emulators, steam, pc etc (basically everything game related)

I used to use an official 360 controller on my older gaming pc.

Ive got a budget of about £45 

Thanks

On just about every account where this topic has come up, the 360 controller is superior, compatibility wise. 

I don't really think there's be all to end all controller out there, perhaps the Bliss-Box because it uses the actual controllers, but a 360 is obviously much easier on the wallet.

I agree the XBox 360 wired controllers are excellent for all-around gaming. I only tried a wireless controller once - couldn't get it to work - gave up. :)

I take a pair on vacation with me and use them with my laptop... when I am so far away from my emulation station!

I've used two Xbox One controllers with the Wireless receiver for about a year. Overall, they have worked really well for all of the games I have thrown at them.

The only issue I have had is navigating within GameEx. If I assign an ENTER or BACK button in the Setup Wizard, a different button will be set when navigating within GameEx. After quite a bit of troubleshooting I had come to the conclusion that is most likely something to do with the Xbox One drivers. It does not happen with other controllers and it doesn't happen within games.

If the Xbox360 controllers are a good fit for you, I suggest going with them. They will be cheaper as well.