All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Theme] - WIP - Palmores Arcade 1080p - Should I release it?

Palmore

Well, it's been AWHILE. I brushed the dust off my Arcade; bought a new LCD monitor, light guns, track ball bearings, PC, Lights, Marquee, Bezel and the list goes on. Only thing left the same is the Cab and Buttons lol.

Man, I missed this group =)

Any way, I've been working on a new Theme, still debating the font choice  and some other small items. That and still working out some of the Menu items under the Mame section.

(I do have questions around that, such as a module.ini style them file for Mame once I'm in the actual Mame list? I think its using either Bak.ini or startbak.ini or something, I'd like to use its own ini)

That and adding highlight videos or snaps to the emulator group sections, in all fairness I haven't done any searching yet, so yeah I'll get on that lol

Either way, here she is. I plan on uploading the PSD photoshop template and all files once complete. Sadly Youtube muted the audio for the entire video as I use an LTJ Bukem intro song =(

With some it is possible. Will take a little experimenting, but if you have a xxxxbak.png file for a still image, you can place xxxxbak.mp4 in the same \gameex\themes\themename\media folder and it should display by default.

32 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

With some it is possible. Will take a little experimenting, but if you have a xxxxbak.png file for a still image, you can place xxxxbak.mp4 in the same \gameex\themes\themename\media folder and it should display by default.

Every background has an accompanying xxxbak.mp4 (as part of the menu graphics and system graphics are rendered into the animated background)

What I was hoping for was I could place something like NES.mp4 into a snaps or media folder and use it as the video snap for the top menu item for Nintendo System, kinda like when you select N64 and it cycles thru random snaps from the N64 system.

Also, since the xxxxbak.png/mp4 doesn't change when scrolling up and down on the menu (between Nintendo, Sony, Atari) systems, the snap for the over all collection wont change =( more i think of it that wouldn't be a viable option.

Yeah you are referring to the emubak and emuselectbak fileswill only display on the selection screen. I have not tried doing so with Custom Menus enabled, but that is a possibility that you may have more flexibillity in that regard. There is a guide in the FAQ subforum written by @DazzleHP that is excellent for setting up custom menus.

On 3/8/2017 at 6:01 PM, Draco1962 said:

Yeah you are referring to the emubak and emuselectbak fileswill only display on the selection screen. I have not tried doing so with Custom Menus enabled, but that is a possibility that you may have more flexibillity in that regard. There is a guide in the FAQ subforum written by @DazzleHP that is excellent for setting up custom menus.

Yeah, I've been using Custom Menus for a while now. I've read thru his FAQ but I'm afraid there's no option for what I'm looking for.

If I replace my logos in the media folder it will replace the system logos in my theme (Nintendo, Sega, etc) and wont "add" to the Image2 Object.

I.e. Image1 is pulled from MEDIA\LOGOS\NES.png

I was hoping Image2 could be a collage of NES/SNES/N64 etc games. While scanning things such as the Nintendo parent folder (custom menu, as shown around the 30second mark in my video). Kinda like it does for the actual Emulators themselves.

Same would go for, Most played, Favorites, Last played (That one actually works), All Games. etc.

From my digging and reading thus far, it appears this is not possible