All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Possible to have a filter for risque games?

two_warps

Hello,

Is there an easy way to temporarily filter out  the more graphic/risqué tables from the wheel? I know I can go in to the game editor and simply disable them, but it seems like maybe there would be an easier way to restrict a predefined list. My young daughters will be playing the tables, and I don't really think they need to see Gorgar for example :) 

It would be a great feature if you could easily restrict and grant access to predesignated tables with a couple of button presses. A "kid friendly" mode perhaps.

PinballX is so awesome and full featured, I would imagine this feature is already here and I just haven't figured out how to do it yet!!

• Like 1

No, there is no parental control feature. 

Maybe you can try to create a parallel PinballX installation that is the same as your primary one except that it has some tables disabled. Setup a shortcut link for your kids to launch the "safe" version.

• Like 1

This is a good idea. I keep a separate .xml category file called PG-13 which has Metallica, Walking Dead and a few of the bawdier tables. The kids could still access it if they wanted but at least it isn't the default browsing list.