All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball X Backglass wont apear across two BG monitors

wrd1972

I am running a three screen pincab.

#1 40" playfield

#2 23" monitor

#3 23" monitor

The backglass monitor configuration image is attached. Note the monitors are portrait side/side.

When PBX is running and you are browsing the tables. The recorded backglass videos ONLY appear on monitor 2 and will NOT extend over to monitor #3. I have tried the various adjustments  but just cant get it to appear on monitor #3. So in short, one half of the video is on monitor 2...and nothing on monitor 3.

When playing VP9/VP10 tables, the DB2S backglasses work correctly and appear across the two monitors as expected. And if I set the "DB2S backglasses to be shown" option in PBX, then the DB2s backglass do appear across two screens when browsing tables. However, I would prefer to NOT use this method because load times for the DB2S backglasses is much longer. I would prefer the basic video recordings across both monitors just like if I had one great big monitor.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Untitled.jpg

Draco,

Yes I have tried display fusion, ultramon and several others. I am convinced that there is not a SW solution. There is a hard-ware solution but since I have the monitors in portrait, thats out as well.

I called and talked to Matrox who make video PC HW and I am getting a special (and expensive) video card that is supposed to do what I want it to do. But there is a possibility that it wont play nice with my Nvidia 3D card. Just have to see but I really want to find a solution.

Not sure what would be required to make this work with PinballX but if its something quick and easy. I would be eternally grateful and likely less lower in the funds if it could be added in. I think if folks new how much better having a much larger backglass display adds to the experience, then more folks would possibly consider doing the same. Again, it works flawless for VP.

• 1 month later...

Well it appears that I am totally out of luck with having the ability to have PBX display my backglasses across the two monitors in my backbox. :(

Draco,

Whats the likelihood that PBX will ever have the ability to span the backglasses across two monitors? If the ability were there to simply set-up the PBX backbox image up like you do in the "B2S screenRes editor", everything would work exactly as I need it.

untitled1.jpg

Also is there a way to just simply turn off the backglass images in PBX and ONLY use the main PF display for rotating the tables?

That is really more of a Tom question as he is the PinballX author. If he says it is not possible presently, I would be remiss to take that as it could as it may not be possible programmatically. 

You may want to copy & paste your request into the Features and Enhancements Requests thread.

I am not sure there is a way that simply disables backglass images.

If nothing else, the default image that is displayed when media is missing could be replaced with a pure black image.

As far as a workaround, displaying a video outside of PinballX seems doable. But I'm not sure how we might communicate from PinballX which random table is getting displayed when you are in attract mode.

You could try setting the backglass height and width to 1x1 so it won't really be visible

Now that there is an extra monitor, topper, supported, you might be able to do what you are trying to do.  Set Backglass monitor to you #2 monitor in your diagram and the topper monitor as #3 in your diagram.  Use pbxrecorder to record 2 videos each with 1/2 of the backglass being recorded

• 4 weeks later...