All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] problem with atomiswave settings

DJ Infinity

Im having a problem with my atomiswave settings. its crashing Game Ex on both my systems. If someone could have a look and see what the problem is I'd be really grateful. I have a small video of what happens when you select Atomiswave.

[Emulator_5]
Enabled=True
STARTPAGENAME=NAOMI (Demul)
TITLETEXT=SEGA NAOMI
StartPageLogo=Naomi
WorkingPath=C:\Emulation\DEmul 0.7a
RomPath=C:\Emulation\DEmul 0.7a\roms
ROMFilter=*zip
Command=DEmul.exe -run=naomi -rom=[ROM]
MapKeys=True
configFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)
SnapPath=
TitlePath=
BoxPath=
CartPath=
ManualPath=
MAPFile=C:\GameEx\MAP FILES\DEMUL v0.7a (Naomi).map
[Emulator_6]
MAPFile=C:\GameEx\MAP FILES\DEMUL v0.7a (Atomiswave).map
DATABASE=[Arcade] Sammy Atomiswave
MapKeys=True
ManualPath=
CartPath=
BoxPath=
TitlePath=
SnapPath=
Command=DEmul.exe -run=awave -rom=[ROM]
ROMFilter=*.zip
StartPageLogo=Atomiswave
TITLETEXT=Atomiswave
STARTPAGENAME=Sammy Atomiswave
Enabled=True
[Emulator_7]
STARTPAGENAME=Hikaru
TITLETEXT=Hikaru Games
ROMFilter=*.zip
Command=DEmul.exe -run=hikaru -rom=[ROM]
Enabled=True
StartPageLogo=Arcade
MapKeys=True
MAPFile=C:\GameEx\MAP FILES\DEMUL v0.7a (Hikaru).map
SnapPath=
TitlePath=
BoxPath=
CartPath=
ManualPath=

atomiswave.mp4

GameEx.ini

log.txt

If you google search site:gameex.info/forums atomiswave you should see quite a few options that may or may not pertain to you for you to try.

I don't run this emulator so that is the best advice I can give you. Sorry. 

Man,

I've been gone from here like 5-6 years. I realize time things and people do change. But I do miss the likes of Adultery, Frequency, and Tempest. This place isn't what I remember. I love Game Ex and believe it's a perfect all in one solution. But I dunno what happened between then and now. Stuff seems a lil harder to implement. Maybe it's just me I don't know. Ima sit back and hope whatever is wrong is fixed in the next update. I don't believe it's my settings because they are identical to my NAOMI & Hikaru settings. Infinity out. 

They still poke their heads in once in a while, but as Life's priorities change, so has their abilities to participate. That's where we hope that others can step in and help the community and share their expertise.

The forums here are still a good resource for information but it is up to the members to search for a solution and share back what they have found that works for them.

@DJ Infinity I am sorry you are having problems with your setup, but your attitude comes across as rude.

Are you aware that most of the people who offer assistance on this forum are volunteers? All of them are pretty darn nice people who are generous with their time and effort. This is one of the most helpful and decent communities I have come across.

I'm sorry if you perceive it as rude. I am quite calm. Because I miss ppl of years past don't take it personally. It ain't that deep. U don't see me attacking ppl personally. So back up off me Mr RedDog. Thank you. Yes Draco it works fine outside of game ex. As a rule of thumb i always make sure stuff works outside of Game Ex before trying to add it in. Here's where I'm at I'm slowly changing things one at a time. I started with the theme. The next thing I tried was no video snaps. Still same result. The next on my list is to find my old Game Ex backup and copy the Atomiswave logo from it to see if the current time one is somehow corrupted. Again thanx Draco. I'll let you know how it goes.

I have to admit I waited a day before responding as I perceived likely similarly to RedDog. Your post came across a little snarky and unappreciative, comparing the current level of assistance to the past, not seeming to the same level of assistance you were accustomed to then.

I will ask that both let this go and keep the focus on the issue reported. Brevity in posts make it difficult to see a wry smile that one may be joking, or lamenting of the good old days being a part of the past.

Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion.

• Like 1