All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx won't start in windowed mode (Windows 7)

Necromancyr

So, in trying to get CPWizard to work I think I discovered a bug in GameEx.  In short, it won't start in windowed mode.  And it doesn't seem to want to set a resolution. 

The windowed mode I've tested more extensively.  Basically, if I go into the SetupWizard OR manually change my .ini so it should start windowed mode, and then start GameEx, it starts up fullscreen as usual and changes the setting in the ini back to fullscreen mode.  I've confirmed the change is made in the ini and it's running GameEx that switches it back.  This happens with or without 'use fullscreen window' on or off. 

Not really certain what's going on.  I can upload a log if desired, but it doesn't show much - just normal loading.  Let me know if you'd like me to do a certain series of things to generate a useful log - can do that as well.

Some additional logs.   A pre-run and a post-run ini are attached.  Only differences (using diffchecker.com) are:

• timesruncount=16 --> timesruncount=17
  • startpagethumbscount=4 --> startpagethumbscount=5
  • windowed=True --> windowed=False

Not certain what's happening or causing it.  The log, where I just ran GameEx and immediately exited, is attached also.

GameEx - Post.ini

GameEx - Pre.ini

log.txt

It is (and was above for the logs).  It's set as disabled.  I reset it and tried it both set to 'Windowed' and 'Disabled' again, no change.  I confirmed that it's set as disabled in my ini as well (given it's the last line), so that seems to be getting set by the Settings Wizard.

And, that is it!  Definitely recommend adding something to the tooltip there because I NEVER would have guessed it otherwise. 

Unfortunately, this didn't actually help with CPWizard - still being flaky on when it displays and when it doesn't.  With a windowed setup it's fine, but with either fullscreen option it seems to show semi-randomly.  Going to have to test more and discuss with HeadKaze.

Thank you again for the help!