All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How to get support to issues.

odie

I was wondering how we can get support for some of the issues that are being posted. I know I am a newbie and this is a free product (Paying lifetime in my case) but I have seen questions being asked and not being replied to by anyone with knowledge or affiliation to PBX or GameEX. Should look outside of this forum for issues with PBX?

My apologies if you do not feel that you are being responded to promptly. All of us have "real life" responsibilities and assist members as we are able. We are here because of our love for the hobby and the front ends that support it. Some of us have more time available than others or choose to defer to those with more experience for a specific issue or topic. 

That said, the best place for support of the GameEx and PinballX are the respective forums. You may choose to look outside, but doing so does not bring the problem here where it can receive proper focus and address.

No reason to apologize, unless it was sarcasm text is hard to interpret without voice inflection or physical cues. I was not trying to offend and I realize that this is a hobby and people have real jobs. I was just wondering if there is subject line, preferred forum, outside forum etc. to get attention or a response for support versus something that maybe viewed as just a discussion.

That being said I have paid for the Lifetime Membership when I started using GameEX and it was well worth it and since PBX  seems to be the preferred front end for pinball I would not mind paying for the product if it helps with support and resources. I do not have any programming skills and many do not. Would this potentially help in development and updates?

No sarcasm intended here. I just say what I mean and the response was and what follows is for all to consume. I have seen on other sites where users are reporting issues, resolving issues, providing workarounds, etc. When the issue is diluted across other sites, it makes it difficult for the author (Tom) or others to troubleshoot an issue with the program or know the severity. The forums here are home base for PinballX and GameEx. This is the mothership for those programs! Don't make us hunt for issues that are reported elsewhere as it won't likely happen.

The issue is there is only one person that can answer the trickier questions and that is me. I could only provide a higher level of support if there was a charge per case like how Microsoft does things. Apart from the reason nobody would like it, I don't do it because I can't to be setting up ROMS and tables for people.

What issue are you referring to exactly or are you just trying to make some kind of statement?

You do realise that no hardware or software business provide one on one support for free anymore? You may get through to India if you are lucky with some of them but I can't afford to operate a call centre and if I did it would still only be me that could really help.