All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Gameex Arcade Edition issue with themes and video previews

Scoot Magee

I just recently installed gameex arcade edition and its working great. I just ran into an issue getting themes and video snaps to work properly.

After installing I enabled the automatic art download feature. For some reason it started downloading all the artwork to my desktop which flooded my desktop with icons. I then configured everything to download into specific folders and set Gameex AE to find them in those folders. I checked the folders and everything checked out, all the files were there but my themes and video previews do not show up when I'm going through my games list. I can see other art like pictures of the cabinets and game icons for the wheel though.

These are my paths

C:\GameEx Arcade Edition\MEDIA\DOWNLOADED ARTWORK\MAME\VIDEO

C:\GameEx Arcade Edition\MEDIA\DOWNLOADED ARTWORK\MAME\VIDEOTHEME

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I had all the video themes and etc put into those folders.

Hey guys, I fixed the issue. It wasn't a video codec issue or anything. I think it had something to do with me switching up the directories after gameex downloaded the artwork. I ended up doing a clean install and kept all the default directories ans it's working now,

Thanks for all the help!

<edit>

I thought the fresh install is what fixed my issue with the themes and preview videos but that's not the case. After I got everything up and running I turned filters off in setup wizard to try to gain access to 2p versions of 4 player games like tmnt. When I did that all the themes stopped working. I turned the filter back on and all my themes showed up again. 

Edited by tthurman
Scoot messaged this to me, I thought I would add it here for everyone's benefit.