All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

separated folder table for games and flippers

andremi

hello to everyone,

i looking documentation, trying for test.. for a future flipper cabinet.

i saw this great project:

at minute 5:46 in the video i see a list of games of mame and flipper tables, separated in a "list"... how is it possibile to do that?

hello, i tried like in a documentation is explain... to create in

\\pinballx\database\group

the file below: name: top 10.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<group name="TOP 10">
  <database>Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball.xml</database>
  <database>Pinball Fx2\Pinball Fx2.xml</database>
  <database>MAME\MAME.xml</database>
  <database>SNES\SNES.xml</database>
</group>

but when i start pinballl x not show group selection menu

Nuova immagine bitmap.jpg

You have snes.xml. 

You want these to show up under a separate menu item

Make a copy of your snes.xml. Rename "snes - Copy.xml" to "snes Only.xml" or whatever you want.

The main menu will now have an item for "snes Only". Select it and you will only see the items in your snes database displayed on the sub-wheel.

Suppose you want the subwheel for your snes games but you don't want these games displayed on the main wheel:

After making your copy of the snes database, go to the original file and replace all of the contents of snes.xml with

<menu>
</menu>

Leave "snes Only.xml" as it is.

Now, the snes games will be displayed under the subwheel and not on the main wheel

• Like 2

ok, thanks a lot for your reply.

i created a new file.. snes - only.xml

where i have to put it? in folder:

\\pinballx\database\group

or

\\pinballx\database\snes

than i replace content of original snes.xml with

< menu>
</menu>

i tried to change position of file from group to snes folders... without results.... :unsure:

in any case, if i lunch pinballx... it show me all games of all platforms... and if i press esc... menu diplays only exit and shutdown.. no new row in menu selection are unfortunately appeared .

thanks a lot CARNY_PREST.... you are very kind and helpful

ok..step to step.... :( i m using Pinballx 2.3.1 version, if I red the guide it would be simple...

1. i created a SNES - ONLY.xml (simple copy of snes.xml)

2. upated content of original Snes.xml only with < menu>
</menu>

i haved store Snes.xml and SNES - ONLY.xml in \\pinballx\database\snes

====

Is it correct to have in \\pinballx\database\group

a file name

TOP 10.xml                  with this content?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<group name="TOP 10">

<database>MAME\MAME</database>

<database>Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball</database>

<database>SNES\SNES</database>

</group>

SNES.xml

SNES - Only.xml

top 10.xml

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Carny_Priest said:

Use groups only if you want to collect and display items/games that appear in different xml databases.

in any cases.... i tried now to remove xml file from group folder.. but not possible to have a selection...

i think that i m stupid... or pinball x have some matter?

is there some tips or other to know for have the possibility to use a menu to choose something? i need help..... :(

i just tried to remove PINBALLX from programs in windows 8.1 64bit, and I reinstalled it.

try to add only MAME... try to create a copy of mame.xml... in mame-copy.xml.. remove all from original mame.xls and leave only <menu> tag...

lunch pinballx... no possibility to choose.. all tables and mame showed... :(

the MATTER is... any try, have no results... no menu added.

In my setup I have a MAME custom system defined and enabled. I have the attached two database files in my PinballX/Databases/MAME folder.

MAME.xml has no games listed so no MAME games are presented on the main wheel.

The main menu has an item called Video Games. When I selected it all of the MAME games enabled in Video Games.xml are displayed in a sub-wheel.

MAME.xml

Video Games.xml

I have it as Carny_Priest comments.

My list of totals, only shows me the Visual Pinball, because I want to only show me the Visual, I have the following databases:

Visual Pinball.xml (with all visual tables)

MAME.xml (empty so it does not show any in the total)

Arcades MAME.XML (database with MAME games that are only read when selected)

PinballFX2.xml (empty so that it does not show any in the total)

Tables PinballFX2.xml (with the FX2 tables, this database could also be called Pinball FX2.xml / PinballFX2 .xml / etc if you look left a space in the middle or after the name)

---------------------

Yo lo tengo como te comenta Carny_Priest.

Mi lista de totales, solo me muestra los de Visual Pinball, porque yo quiero que solo me muestre los de Visual, tengo las siguientes databases:

Visual Pinball.xml (con todas las mesas de visual)

MAME.xml (vacío para que no muestre ninguno en el total)

Arcades MAME.XML (database con los juegos de MAME que solo se lee cuando se selecciona)

PinballFX2.xml (vacío para que no muestre ninguno en el total)

Mesas PinballFX2.xml (con las mesas del FX2, esta database también se podría llamar Pinball FX2.xml / PinballFX2 .xml / etc si te fijas dejé un espacio en medio o después del nombre)

On 22/2/2017 at 5:46 PM, Carny_Priest said:

In my setup I have a MAME custom system defined and enabled. I have the attached two database files in my PinballX/Databases/MAME folder.

MAME.xml has no games listed so no MAME games are presented on the main wheel.

The main menu has an item called Video Games. When I selected it all of the MAME games enabled in Video Games.xml are displayed in a sub-wheel.

MAME.xml

Video Games.xml

i tried to replace my xml files with yours above.... no results.. no menu (with last pinballx and windows 8.1)

i THINK... there is a BUG in the last version.

------------

yesterday i received my "new" computer i5, for flipper cabinet... i installed windows 10 64 bit (as new)

i installed pinballx (last version)

no menu available...

where i can download a previous version of pinballx ??? help please :unsure:

this night, i understand a "thing.."

in pinballx when is installed Pinball Fx2, frontend set all the P Fx2 table available.. but if you choose to play with anyone, not show the selection to choose "all table" or other group.

BUT if you install Future Pinball... the normal selection with "filters" become available... (when you press enter to play a table, you can choose "all table" or "other group"

BUT if you choose to play a Pinball Fx2 table, this selection is not available..

how is it possible to fix it... the matter is to have selection function with pinball fx2 tables...

With the groups I had not tried, but now that I have seen it, I will create a group of MAME so that only 1 MAME is visible in the menu, but this time, it will be the group that shows.

Then I will create the genres (All, Sports, Action, Puzzle ...)

So these databases are only visible once you enter MAME.

-----------------------

Con los grupos no había probado, pero ahora que lo he visto, voy a crear un grupo de MAME para que solo quede visible 1 MAME en el menú, pero esta vez, será el grupo lo que muestre.

Luego crearé los géneros (Todos, Deportes, Acción, Puzzle...)

De manera que estás databases solo se vean una vez que entres en MAME.

To me it does not work, I have created the group and the databases but it does not show me the group in the menu.

In databases \ groups I have put "Juegos Arcade.xml" with the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<group name="Juegos Arcade">

<database>MAME\SubMenu\Todos los Juegos</database>

<database>MAME\SubMenu\Acción</database>

<database>MAME\SubMenu\Deportes</database>

<database>MAME\SubMenu\Fight VS</database>

<database>MAME\SubMenu\Plataformas</database>

<database>MAME\SubMenu\Puzzle</database>

<database>MAME\SubMenu\Shotter</database>
</group>

In databases / MAME I have created the SubMenu folder that contains each of those databases but it does not work, either because the default filters are activated or for whatever reason.

---------------

By the way Andremi, I see in the video that you have not solved the logos of the manufacturers and you do not see the last logos (Williams, Zen ...) because you have more than 60 logos in the folder Media \ Company Logos.

This usually happens when we get many arcade manufacturers.

In order not to spend more than 60, in the database I have just put the name of the main manufacturers, Taito, Sega, SNK, Capcom, Gaelco, Irem, etc. Some of them already have the logo because they also manufacture Pinballs.

The rest of the manufacturers, of which I only have 1, 2 or 3 games, in the database I have put as manufacturer "Arcade Classics" and you see a logo of "Arcade Classics"

For me it is preferable not to go over 60 and to see Williams or Zen.

Arcade Classics.png

27 minutes ago, PcTeknic said:

By the way Andremi, I see in the video that you have not solved the logos of the manufacturers and you do not see the last logos (Williams, Zen ...) because you have more than 60 logos in the folder Media \ Company Logos

Hi PcTeknic, thanks or your reply, video is not mine..

i m preparing a new computer I5 for a cabinet flipper... so i m studing how to fix and prepare a windows 10 image for the next cabinet with all.

in this project i would like to use pinballx (and not launchbox) for flipper tables, mame, snes.

I have had several problem, but yesterday night i saw the matter.. pinball fx2 not create any group, but only a list of tables, without the possibility to switch by pressing "enter" by keybard to choose another tables system or mame or snes or other group. The problem that i notice is only for pinball fx2.

yesterday night when i tried to install future pinball, i noticed the menu  is appeared, so i can choose different Filter.. 

BUT if I search to switch from PINBALL FX2 tables to >> MAME or Other is impossible, menu prompts me only PLAY, RETURN or EXIT.

if I press "Enter" in Future Pinball tables, menu offers me the possibility, like in video that i posted above, to choose for Table '70, Mame, Snes, Stern etc...

NOW, it's remain to understands how to fix Pinball Fx2 matter...

thanks in advance for support... ;)

hello from Italy.

(next step try to add daphe and laserdisc games)

• Like 1

tahnk

7 hours ago, Paul Stevens said:

We need to see the contents of your DATABASES folder

and also the contents of your PINBALL FX2 folder that is in the DATABASES folder

thanks Paul,

above i already attached my xml files... i did much steps... actually all it's ok, remain PINBALL FX2 problem and external problem to run Dreamcast games with Demul... for the parameters..